Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
mdavid7
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Z10 issues are making this a device for someone who wants to do, but does not...

I'm having several issues with my Z10. First, it keeps getting locked into "silent" mode and won't come out without a restart. Secondly, my Z10 gets stuck part way through a restart and needs a battery pull to continue. Thirdly, the calendar and alarm apps have become unresponsive at times and, despite closing the apps, require a restart to begin responding again. This is all very frustrating, and while I realize this OS was built from the ground up, these are issues that are unacceptable at any stage in the game. Finally, if I can make a request, the bridge function really needs to regain the functionality that it has in BBOS 7.0/7.1. I look forward to a speedy response.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Z10 issues are making this a device for someone who wants to do, but does not...

This can be an issue with the operating system. Re-installing the operating system may fix it. Or, bring the phone back to the dealer for exchange. What you describe is not of the norms. This phone is very stable and should be very reliable for performance and dependability.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: Z10 issues are making this a device for someone who wants to do, but does not...

I Agree with Jerry, the phone is very stable, yes some minor issues, more of the issues is new OS, new features and people learning how to set and do things. I would take it back to your carrier and to a swap..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mdavid7
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Are there instructions somewhere on how to backup, reinstall, and restore my Z10? I'd like to try that first.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

You can use BB link to backup your z10 first. Then follow the instructions to do a secure wipe.

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/02/security-wipe-blackberry-z10/

Please use plain text.
kennylsampson
My Device: z10
My Carrier: bell

i have the same issue with silent mode I have re-installed the software twice.

After i put the phone silent when i enable the ringer it will not ring!

please help

thanks Ken

Please use plain text.