Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
t121
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Z10 keeps freezing

Just got my Z10.

Trying all the preloaded apps. Noticed that opening the StoryMaker app made the Z10 freeze when trying to close it.

It has also frozen when multiple apps are open e.g, web browser, contacts, messages.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Z10 keeps freezing

I haven't yet seen that. Try removing the battery to reboot and see if that clears it up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
t121

Thanks. Had already tried removing the battery and turning it back on. Have had to do this 3 times so far in a matter of 2 hours.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Did it solve the problem?

I've only had to remove the battery once so far for fixing an issue.

Rebooting is required for all phones. It shouldn't have to be daily though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
t121

Yes it did solve the problem before your reply to the question, but I wasn't expecting to have to keep on doing it. Hopefully will be sorted in a future software update.

Contributor
NJZ10
My Device: Z10

John - I have observed similar behavior.

My Z10 has locked up three times in two days.

Twice it was lock screen, but it was stretched out (the visible icons were all stretched) and could not be unlocked.
Once it was on the Browser screen; all eight most recently used sites were shown, but it was locked up.

Pulled the battery out to resolve.  Hoped we were past that.

New Contributor
greenme12345

I have had to take the battery out, at least,  once a day since Feb. 21 especially when I am in an app. The screen freezes and I can't close the app until I pull the battery. Please find a solution soon. Getting frustrated.  If there ever was a time that I needed to calll 911, I would not be able to make that call because an app froze my phone.

bb10ztm
My Device: Z10

Got my Z10 yesterday at T-Mobile. Bought 3. The one I use is FREEZING UP. Google search reveals that this is a common problem. It happens when browsing, taken pictures, loading emails, etc. When it crashes it often starts up by itself again. BB needs to get this under control. Otherwise it's a great phone.

dinma
My Device: z10

Yes,my Z10 has crashed. It has been freezing when chatting on BBM or whatsapp and restarting for about 11days since i bought.Yesterday was day12 and it crashed.Wouldn't turn on anymore after going off.Took it back to the phone company,they tried to fix it but advised i get a new one.I just got a new one yest.night but surprisingly this new one freezed when chatting on whatsapp today.Their whatsapp doesnt even work properly. Thank God its working better on this new phone. I was given a new phone cos i was still within the 14day period of exchange/return.What if it was past 14days? Besides,i lost all my pics and chats..I  think Blackberry needs to recall these phones and give them a life before selling them to the public. Love the phone but So disappointed with this issue of constant freezing and restarting..

New Contributor
trsbbs
My Device: PlayBook

This is a bigger issue then this forum is indicating.

I am returning mine Monday as it is rebooting 2-3 times daily.

Polls and comments on other forums are showing an issue

and much of it is with the Verizon phone and its older OS version.

BB you need to get this fixed and soon as the press is starting to get wind of it.

Tim