Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

Re: Z10 makes rattle sounds when I set it down

Just to add since my last comment about this, I checked some more Z10's since I have access to a fair number of them.  They all make this sort of rattle if I tap on the phone near to the speaker.  When I use the phone I do not hear any adverse affect in the should or find any performance problem from this. Every phone I tested has been working excellent.

I am not going to open any phone to find out what this rattle is because they are all under warranty. This is a fairly expensive phone to take a chance to ruin it, or cancel the warranty. 

I took a small sniffer microphone that works with a vibration analyser  that I use to troubleshoot small mechancial devices near to the phone. I tapped around with my fingure to create the noise. I found it to be more apparent in the area of the camera. This may be from the mechanical couplings fron in the camera lens itself. Normally lens elements are able to move for focus. I believe the Z10 lens uses electronic zoom, and thus in this case the noise has to be from the focus elements, if this is the case. 

If the noise was from the speaker area, I am sure at high volumes there would be a vibration in the sound. That would be very annoying.

I use this phone mainly with Bluetooth using the HS-700 earphone. I have terrific results with this. This is a matter of a different discussion.

Jerry G.
adriancozma
My Device: Z10

Hy. I also bought a Z10, full retail price and i noticed this rattle when i tap the phone or set it down on a hard surface. I was concerned, i talked with the store from wich i bought it to try to replace it, considering also the fact that it is the top of tha range blackberry and it is 3 months used only. But they told me to send it to service, and in our country this sort of things take from one to two weeks. So i refused, because i need my bb everyday.
 I have to say that the telephone works just fine, no problems with it. But its annoying and i am worried about that noise.

Do you have any sugestions?

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Again, it is normal. I have three Z10 devices and they all do it. My personal device I've had for a full year now and it's been fine.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
adriancozma
My Device: Z10

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to ignore these sounds.