Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
wiltshirebee
My Device: Not Specified

Z10 music will NOT sync music with PC

[ Edited ]

I have recently taken the Z10 and set up Blackberry Link on my PC. I plus in the phone and Link picks it up but I cannot seem to transfer music. I locate the music on my PC, drag it to my phone, its says it's syncing, but when I check the device the music is not there......any ideas anyone, driving me crazy !!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Z10 music will NOT sync music with PC

Hey wiltshirebee,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Is Mass Storage mode currently enabled on the BlackBerry Z10?  Also did you unplug the BlackBerry Z10 to test the music?  Also are all the song files in MP3 format?  Are you able to sync pictures or videos from BlackBerry Link?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wiltshirebee

Thanks for your reply.

OK, here comes the stupid question, do I have to memory card in the device to do this, as I was hoping they would copy to the device memory. I have 16GB on the device and space available, but does all music need a memory card to copy over?.

managed to get some music across but it will not add any further and there is still 7GB of space on the device?.

yes all songs are MP3 format and pictures are copying across, the music that has copied works fine.

sorry if the above is a stupid question, but I didn;t realise until I'd purchased it that my old SD card would not fit in the Z10.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dave-willis-cc
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Orange (UK)

I have a similar issue. Link, when it locates the music through iTunes crashes, when it can't locate any music its fine. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to still no avail. I tried to copy through Windows Explorer and it hasn't transferred all my music. I made sure it went into the drive makes for the memory card but it doesn't seem to have copied all my music.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wiltshirebee

Ok, managed to get this to work by copying within Windows Explorer. Still cannot get it to work with Blackberry Link, but now managed to copy the music by dragging and dropping from My Music to Music Folder on the device itself.

Still be interested to know why Blackberry Link wont do this though?.

Please use plain text.
met
New Contributor
met
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: STC

hey viciousFerret:
i have the same problem that i cannot sync music from my PC to my z10, although pictures and videos can be transferred but not music i dont know why ... plus mass storage is enabled. please help me in this issue
Best Regards
M.E.T
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wiltshirebee

Met, you can drag and drop the music from your PC folder to the music folder on your device in windows explorer. When you attach your device it will give you a drive number, expand it to see the folders and there is one called music. simple drag and drop the music from your PC to that folder and they will copy to the device. worked 100% for me, but I cannot get blackberry link to do this, but works fine in windows explorer.

Please use plain text.
met
New Contributor
met
My Carrier: STC

hey wiltshirebee:
thank you for your reply, i know about your method but actually this should work through blackberry link, since blackberry will organize the songs in folder based on the artist name and etc.. i hope blackberry fix this bug
Best Regards
M.E.T
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wiltshirebee

M.E.T, mine all sorted fine once they were transferred over, you can sort by Artist, Album or Track and didn't have to do anything else after transferring via Windows Explorers. There seem to still be issues with the Z10 and this software in my opinion, as lots of people having the same issue. good luck.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DeborahBarker
My Carrier: Virgin

I am experiencing the same problem.......extremely frustrating ! Only loads 300 ++ songs of over 700.

I do not have the option as described in the 'storage and access' setting.

I hope that RIM can fix soon !

Deborah Barker
Please use plain text.