Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
chris_swiss
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Z10 music will NOT sync music with PC

Same Problem here with OS V. 10.0.10.90. Above a certain amount of songs it doesn't work. While copying via Windows-Explorer works fine and the player takes the songs in the library.

Contributor
cdawaters
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

I've had similar issues were link cant access the iTunes or WMP libraries even after reinstalling or reloading my laptop. There's music in WMP and iTunes so no idea how the issues could come up unless Link is not looking at the correct location for the music. I've tried BB Help on Twitter and all they say is contact my carrier to escalate it to BB. Not sure what my carrier has to do with this or why I cant contact BB direct which woiuld be quicker.

suewilkes
My Device: Curve 9360

Tonight, when I tried to sync a couple new songs, my blackberry link just kept saying preparing to sync.  Never went any further then that.  I have never had an issue before tonight.  

That being said, for the longest time, tonight, blackberry link would not connect to my z10 wirelessly, then magically, all of a sudden it was connected.  But, as I said, it won't sync the 4 songs.  They are MP3 files. It has said "preparing to sync" for the past 20 minutes or so.

Very frustrating, as I don't have a clue what the issue is, and I'm usually good at diagnosing and fixing an issue.

Visitor
Brandon-pereira08
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Im having some of the same issues aswell. My phone connects to Blackberry Link but as soon as i try and sync music thru the drag and drop method it just says "preparing to sync". However it never syncs. Very frustrating. 

New Contributor
Patrick_v14
My Device: Not Specified

I have update my Link to the current one.

I had to convert all my music to a lower bit rate from 320 to save space. I also formated my memory card from Windows and then again on my Z10.

I opened link and tried to sync all my music and it didnt want to. I made sure the USB mass stoarge mode was off. I have reistalled Link twice and reseted my Z10 nothing is working. I have droped ringtones into a folder using Windows explorer and I can see them on link in the music tab. I have also tried clicking on the PC tab and right clicking on the playlist I want to sync and click sync to Z10, nothing works.

I have notice that the memory usage bar is no longer showing. as I remember, Link is missing the option where to store/sync files via memory card or device. I think this is why Link is stuck.

Before I formated my memory card the music sync worked fine

New Contributor
Patrick_v14
My Device: Not Specified

I downloaded the previous version of Link and sync my music synced just fine, with out any problems :smileyhappy:

its must be a bug in the current release of Link

New Contributor
Teeashes
My Device: z10

Songs are not working on my music application

Dear supporter, 

i've been facing this issue just few minutes ago, my music application in my blackberry z10 is not playing the song and is displaying an error while trying to play tracks, and videos as well, i've yesterday inserted a 32 GB memory card which was working perfectly till few minutes back from now, i tried restarting my device, remove memory card and put back but still the phone doesn't seem to be reading the songs files or the videos i still havent checked the pictures yet, but this is a disaster as far as it got so please support!!

Contributor
Pennylane39
My Device: Bold 9000

Hi

I am too having trouble, the music is mpeg4 though. 

I cannot seem to find how to drop the music across... Sorry for my ignorance, I am usually pretty good at working these things out, but this one has me stumped.

Cheers

Penny