Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

tpetrossi
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Z10 not email not translating GMT time correctly for IMAP servers

I have a Z10 and the time for some email recipients are not translating properly. eg. -5 GMT. The emails are adding the time to the email time. So if I send this at noon the reciepient sees the email time as 5pm.

Any fix for this. Issue seems to be only with IMAP account. I am using POP email as well and that seems to work fine.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Z10 not email not translating GMT time correctly for IMAP servers

Hi tpetrossi,

The email recipient will see the time stamp that the server places on the email, which is typically the time it is received on the server in their time zone.  So if you send an email at noon, and it's 5pm in the recipient's location, the time stamp will show 5pm.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
tpetrossi
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Sorry man you might want to check this bug out... I'm calling at BB10 bug because the server is in the same time zone. The server is my company server handling emails coming from employee pc's and phones. Mine (z10) is the only one doing this.
Checkout the other complaints like mine.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
greggov
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Cpt_Sweatpants wrote:

Hi tpetrossi,

The email recipient will see the time stamp that the server places on the email, which is typically the time it is received on the server in their time zone.  So if you send an email at noon, and it's 5pm in the recipient's location, the time stamp will show 5pm.

Thanks.

Incorrect.

I have GMail set up as an EAS account (personal, not Google Apps) and it's using GMT. 

I'm in EDT and the recipient is in EDT. They email me, I email them, they email me. When viewing that last reply when you look at the message I sent, it shows GMT.

I've already had numerous people point it out to me. Doesn't look good for BlackBerry...just saying.

Please use plain text.