Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.2228
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Re: Z10 not ringing and going directly to voicemail randomly

[ Edited ]

And your notifications are not set to "silent"?  Volume "up" button is... up?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
bercawd
My Device: playbook 16gb, blackberry z10
My Carrier: at&t

correct, they are not
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
bercawd

the same caller can call three times. two get through and one doesn't. One the one that doesn't, the caller hears about 4-5 rings and then voice mail. On my end the screen flashes an incoming call (about 1-2 sec) and then clears with call going to voice mail and no incoming missed call in the call log.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel

Wow. And this is exactly the same issue on all three phones you got? Assume your reception is good? In other words, does this happen no matter where you are or just in one place?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
bercawd

I can either be stationary or out and about like in the car. As I said it is truly random and since having the Z10 can only remember this happening 6-8 times out of 1,000s of calls. That is that there were 6-8 voice mails. If the caller did not leave a voice mail I would have no way to know they called. I see this same issue now cropping up on the community. My hunch is that there is something going on between the phone and AT&Ts network either the 3/4G or LTE. Something like maybe the signal switching to/from LTE when the call is coming in. Who knows but I am confident someone will sort it out.

I have gone through heck and back getting the Z10 to where it works for what is delivered except for this issue which is more annoying than anything. Patience has become my motto on this device as the support from Rim has been fantastic when I have been able to get them engaged away from AT&T (not for not trying but AT&T just does not have the experience with the phone or OS10)
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel

OK, from what you're saying it does sound like a random network issue. And it does sound very infrequent -- still you should not miss any calls. And it seems like you've done everything right on your end. You might call AT&T again, but the number of calls you're missing relative to the number not missed may be mathematically consistent with "normal". I have seen the issue mentioned, but curious: have you been on any AT&T forums and seen it crop up? I am on T-Mo and do not recall seeing this issue on their forums, but will check and report back.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
bercawd

I have not checked the ATT forum but will.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Packersfan1965
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I had the same problem with my z10 today going straight to voicemail.  I turned it off and waiting a few minutes and turned it back on and it corrected the problem.   I know that is  genius right?  I have no idea why it happened.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
bercawd

Just an update. Problem continues but have isolated it I believe to have randomly when the ringtone is set to a piece of music in my music folder. Does not happen everytime but does occur 3-4 times a week. Still on the hunt for a solution. 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

where is the music stored? if on SD card try putting into device memory instead.

You might have a SD card that is a bit slow on reads, my class 2 would do this once in a while when using my torch and I upgraded to a class 4 and it stopped.

I have a class 10 in my Z10 and use a music file for a ringtone on it with out issue.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.