Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

jc120
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Singtel

Z10 not showing all emails in folders (imap + gmail imap)

Hi

My Z10 is not showing all the emails in my imap email accounts (inc gmail).  e.g. my inbox has 20 messages but the z10 only shows 10 of them.  Same issue applies on some other folders.

Issue also applies on gmail imap account but does not seem to occur on my exchange account.

It also only appears to be affecting emails that are approx 1 or 2 weeks ago in this month.

Please help!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Z10 not showing all emails in folders (imap + gmail imap)

Hello,

Please check carefully your settings for your GMail account, especially the portion concerning "Sync Timeframe" (if visible to you, it depends on the integration method).

Check carefully also how these are labeled on GMail...Gmail technically uses labels and not folders, and the BB must interpret the labels into folders. So if a stray label is applied to these items, then that may be why they are suppressed from view.

You can also try removing and re-integrating the problem account.

You can also try ringing up your mobile service provider for formal support and potential escalation to BlackBerry for enhanced formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
b1gbleu
My Device: BB z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

On mine, the folders I created on the full website appear on the z30 but are empty on the phone.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

b1gbleu wrote:
On mine, the folders I created on the full website appear on the z30 but are empty on the phone.

Hello,

Inside of the email account configuration, there is a button regarding folder settings...you must go into that and enable synchronization of the folders you desire to see the contents of on your device.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
b1gbleu

thanks.! the first time I went into settings for folder sync it only had the generic folders. The unchecked all then checked it again. After that all the folders are there!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
b1gbleu

I unchecked. Not the unchecked
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Excellent...so you are all good with this now?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
ManishGaurav
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: blackberry

b1gbleu wrote:

same problem, the folders appeared in list but when I open the folder the message shown No entries in this view

kindly suggest

Please use plain text.
DrFif
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Airtel

I still have an issue. I was using a Torch 3 initially and I could see all my emails in my phone inbox regardless of the folder that I synced them with on the desktop. But on Z10, I have to go and check each synced folder for the email that enters it. Is there a way that I can view all my emails at a central location regardless of the folder syncing?

Please use plain text.