Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
ryled_up1
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Z10 not syncing all contacts

I got my Z10 yesterday from an iPhone and it's not syncing all of the contacts with my Windows Live (Outlook.com) account.

I noticed when I went to call someone and couldn't find their contact.  Talk about panic as I tought it was gone forever, possibly stored on my old device locally and not synced with Live.  I logged in to Live and there it was.  I couldn't find any option to force a sync so I dissabled contact sync which removed ALL the contacts and then I switched it back on and they came back.  The contact I needed was there.

Later I went to call someone else and their contact wasn't there.  I started looking through my list and noticed there are a few missing.  Turned off and on contact sync and some come back but then others are missing.  I've done this about 5 times now and don't have a complete list.

Does anyone have any idea why?  Is there an option to make the Z10 save contacts locally?  I don't want my contact list to be dependant on the account(s) I connect it to.  I don't want to lose them if I unlink an account.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Z10 not syncing all contacts

Hey ryled_up1,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Try waiting 24hrs to see if all contacts synchronize to the BlackBerry Z10. If all contacts do not synchronize to the BlackBerry Z10 we suggest contacting your wireless service provider and request they contact BlackBerry® Technical Support Services for further review and support.

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hvacdon
My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10

Similar problem here with contacts on active sync.....had to reboot the device, then it loaded fine.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ryled_up1

I've had to reboot a few times already for different reasons.  I did find at least one of the contacts I was missing but this morning I found another was missing when I went to call in to work.  Had to send an email off memory instead.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ryled_up1

Thanks... I will give them a call this evening

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hvacdon
My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10

Not sure if this will help, but I did notice, that if you bring up contacts while in the phone mode, only contacts with telephone numbers associated with them will appear.  If you go the the "contacts" main app, all contacts appear.

I have a number of contacts that only have email addresses associated with them, and only appear in the main app. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
anotarba
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Tbaytel

I use Google Mail Enterprise here at work and we are having issues with getting some contacts as well as the Global Contacts within our company.

We have opened a ticket and they are looking into it for us, but I'm certain that there is an issue with the device because activations with Windows phone, iOS Devices and Androids have all worked flawlessly.  I think that there may be an unforseen issue that they are trying to figure out.

Thanks,

Antonio.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ryled_up1

My service provider refused to contact BlackBerry® Technical Support Services and suggested I use Gmail instead.  I'm now using Gmail to sync my contacts and using Live for email, calendar and reminders.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
anotarba
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Tbaytel

that is because it's not up to your provider to do that.  The only reason why I did this is because I run the Enterprise software for our company and we have support through BlackBerry.  

This is a phone issue and your provider may not have support with BlackBerry.  This one needs to be addressed ASAP.  I will let you know once it has so that you can switch over to the native app.  Kind of a crappy issue to have since they had a year to work out all their bugs with the phone before they released it.  I guess nobody's perfect... Hopefully they fix the issue by the next update to the OS which should be 2-3 weeks away.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pedrojesus
My Carrier: Vodafone Portugal

Hi All,

I am having the same problem! However what happen in my situation:

. when i update/add some event in Calendar on outlook ( in pc ), is imediatly replicated on my Z10, ipad and ipod touch; if i do the same on any device, the oulook app on the pc is updated as well

. when i update any contact on the outlook ( pc ), imediatly is updated on ipad and ipod touch; but nothing happen on Z10

. the contacts in Z10 seams... dead. Nothing happen

Please use plain text.