If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Eachie
My Device: Z10; Q10; Bold 9900
My Carrier: Verizon; ATT

Re: Z10 not syncing all contacts

[ Edited ]

I'm still having problems syncing my contacts AND calendar with my Z10!!  Perhaps I'm doing something wrong with programming my Z10.  Under the settings for calendar, it asks which email to use but does not give "MSN" (my Window's Live) as an option. 

Also, after cleaning up all my contacts, i changed some information or added a new contact and it doesn't sync.  I've changed the syncing on my PC to every 5 minuntes and disabled the "Push" on my Z10 (minimum time is 15 min) and it still doesn't work.  I'm having alot of problems with the photos for my contacts and any additional information I put in the "Notes" portion of my contacts do not sync.  For some reason, any fax numbers have to be manually inserted in my Z10.

Will anybody please help me?  btw, I saw a post that indicated someone was using "Active Sync" - what is that?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bkraegelin
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone Germany

Same Problem here...

I have ActiveSync connection to our corporate Exchange server (MS Exchange 2010). Everything seems fine, but some contacts are missing.

I updated the missing accounts and managed to get some of them synchronized. Looking around I found the tip to disable synching contacts and reenabling it.

Now its a different set of missing contacts then before.

Couldn't realible find out if it is a weird combination of missing firstname/lastname or double/missing business phone fields.

Any Help? Thanks

Birger

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hphv
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Proximus

I am using Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.1483
No issues any more
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aawadhi63
My Carrier: VIVA Bahrain

I hv a simillar Sync. issue...

I use 3 different brands (Nokia, Note2 and a BB9900) and through each respective Desltop Program. all my  phones have the same Outlook contacts and calender enteries. but a week ago I bought a Z10 and I found out that the desktop program (Link) doesnt come with contact/calender Sync. option. and since I wiped out my 9900 before doing the switch between the 2devices. I am therefore unable to transfer my contact/calender data to the Z10. the only option left is BT. which will take time & I cant update it automatically???

I dont want to put my contacts/calender on the air using Gmail/Hotmail or any other mail server and rather do it directly frm PC to phone!!!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Eachie

Hello:  On my 9900 I have an app that backs up all my data and I use it frequently.  It is Blackberry Protect.  If you've backed up your data there, you can restore it from the backup file prompt. Also, on my computer, I back it up on my BB Desktop Software.  I also have Outlook 2010 and I always back up my data.  If you've backed it up from your Outlook, then you can retrieve your data from there as well.  In addition to all of the above, I backup my calendar and contacts data on my computer - in addition to my pst backup files - as ics and cvs files, respectively.  You can retrieve your data from any of the aforementioned methods - BUT ONLY IF YOU'VE BACKED UP YOUR DATA.

If you haven't backed up your data, I don't know any other way of retriving it.  

When I initially purchased the Z10, I "imported" my calendar and contacts by the BB Link.  It is a one-time process and will NOT sync thereafter - but you WILL get your contacts and calendar info transferred to your Z10.  However, if you want to continually sync your calendar and contacts, the only other method that I KNOW works, is if you use the Outlook/Hotmail connection.  If you use this method, you will continue to sync your calendar and contacts.  There is a wonderful man who patiently walked me through the process.  Without him, I would still be pulling out my hair.  You've got to do a little clean-up of your contacts, but it definitely beats inputting all your data by hand.  Here is the site:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-10-Smartphone/How-To-OTA-Sync-BB10-and-non...

I hope this has helped.  If you've backed up your data, you're half way there.  If you haven't, I hope you'll learn how valuable it is to do so.  The above-mentioned link SAVED me.  I hope it helps you too.

:0

Please use plain text.
Ex-bb10
My Device: Bb10
My Carrier: Va

When I tried to sync some contacts's first name was missing. And I found it did not sync the navigation to my contacts. Bb10 is like a 2013 palm pilot! After two weeks I reverted back to my bb bold.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bkraegelin
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone Germany

[ Edited ]

Got it to work...

1. Create a new subfolder within contacts folder

2. move all contacts to subfolder

3. wait for sync

4. move all contacts back to folder

5. wait for sync

Now I have my contacts...

Hope this helps others.

Birger

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aawadhi63
My Carrier: VIVA Bahrain

The Question is.   Is RIM doing anything about it or is the company waiting for users to come up with a solution or an App. to solve the problem!!

Because if this continues, I think BB. Will lose more and more loyal customers over time and no magic will recover the loses!!

If we are waiting for an upgrade, update or whatever. we all deserve to know and kept in the loop instead of speculating and inventing solutions!!!

on the older version it was the Desktop Manager and Outlook that did the job without losing any data and I can assume that by creating a brand new Operating Program things will get even more simpler but it only got more and more difficult..

AA:smileyindifferent: 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hphv
My Carrier: Proximus

What OS are you using?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Eachie

I agree with you.  I've heard that BB will be coming out with an update at the end of the year regarding this issue.  I hope they do.  The people who would really know are:  Sdgardne and Bodee

I have BOTH the Z10 and the Bold 9900.  There are problems syncing with both devices - I think.  In order to sync my Gmail calendar and contacts with my Z10, I have to use the Microsoft Outlook/Hotmail Connector.  

Syncing my BB9900 with the Desktop Software and Outlook is great.  However, you can no longer sync the BB9900 - wirelessly - with your google account.  You will have to manually input your entries on the Google calendar internet site.  

If you find a way to do either, please let me know.

Please use plain text.