Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: z10
My Carrier: o2

Z10 not texting

Hi all, i have been picked to be a BlackBerry Advocate and recieved my new Z10 last nigh.... lovely..... HOWEVER, i updated the OS and now i cannot view or send text messages. VERY annoying.

Is there a fix??

thanks

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Z10 not texting

I am having the exact same issue. Downloaded the latest software on Saturday and now I cannot text message. Does anyone have a fix.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Traveler

I had exacly the same problem, i turned my phone off, removed the battery and left it out for 2 hours, afterthat i inserted the battery again and all worked fine again.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

Try the obvious first, and simply turn the phone off and back on again. If this doesnt work, try a soft reset, by holding both up and down volume keys at the same time for about 10 seconds..

A battery pull usually isnt required, as I think this is done way too much by a lot of people here. If that were the case,  the new Q5 phone will have a real problem, as it doesnt have a replaceable battery :smileyhappy:

New Contributor

My company has been working with blackberry for years, i cannot count how many problems have been solved by removing the battery
Trusted Contributor

If that is the case, what are you going to do when the Q5 comes out, where the battery is not replaceable ?

New Contributor

cry :-D
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

My Z10 is texting, I had an update done yesterday...  

Trusted Contributor

I know when I first updated to 10.1, my keyboard wasnt popping up, so  I simply restarted the  phone, and voila, all was good.