Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
OILRIG6
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 0027726270233

Z10 overheating,

Hello everyone,

I have had my z10 since Feb 26 2013 and it's not been all good. The phone has been overheating when using browser with out charger plugged in. I thought this was normal but things started getting worse. The phone then decided it couldn't handle more then a few simple browser functions without rebooting the phone. Then today the speaker has failed and no longer rings. I decided to take phone back to store and after 4 hours after showing them all the issues I was told phone would have to be repaired.

now if that would be ok but as purchased the phone in south Africa from vodacom world and I live in Hong Kong how do they expect me to leave phone and fly home with out it. Vodacom understands the phone is a lemon and maybe a internal part has failed and needs to be repaired or replaced but if I leave it in south Africa they have no way or sending me phone to HK. so I asked for new z10 or refund and same old story they need to process the phone and that takes 14 days before they can decided what route they should take. So I've learnt a major lesson with blackberry and vodaphone as you can understand. I've been told to go back store on Wednesday to see if some solution can be found for people buying phones when visiting a different country. The facts are simple the phone is faulty so why dint they just replace it. They could feel the heat on battery and noticed it had no sound. BlackBerry Z10 is not what I call perfect. My phone is a Friday afternoon Monday phone built in Mexico buy someone who has done way to much partying on weekend. This is last BlackBerry for me I'm just about done with poor service.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
OILRIG6

Re: Z10 overheating,

so my root course problems are: over heating battery, reboots if you try to open a Web page like Google or yahoo or try to go from one application like phone to browser, no sound, no headphone sound "settings are set ok", battery get real hot and only way to keep it cool is keep the screen on low light. external speaker is faulty.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
OILRIG6

I should add I have no apps added and the new firm wear. it's still the same as it was out of the box. no apps installed. I see what happens on Wednesday as manager from vodacom want to see me again at 9am. I've been told to bring everything that came with phone. I told them I don't have box just receipt as its like buying shoes. who keeps the box! anyway they say that not problem but they seem really unhappy about this issue and there making life real hard for a very long time BlackBerry user.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
homeseto
My Carrier: AT&T

Same problem here.  Drove 45 minutes listening to a saved podcast over my car bluetooth, with my screen off, and then it stopped.  IMy phone had overheated (it was VERY hot to the touch) and rebooted itself (a LONGER than normal reboot).  Will there be any BB fix for this soon?!

Please use plain text.
dthompson
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Bell

I have been thru 2 Blackberry's and 2 batteries in 3 months. The charging was erratic and both batteries heated up for no reason and falled. Needless to say I am not impressed..I think Blacberry is going to fine this a major problem..

DT

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
danielsydney
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Optus Australia

My phone overheated in Australia here when I went driving up north for an hour. I have no idea why? I was told it might have been looking for a network. When I got to my destination the battery had gone from fully charged to flat/drained.
Please use plain text.
Arkbird
My Device: None
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Almost all mobile phones increase the power that goes to the radio when signal is weak or non existent. This in turn, drains your battery faster. So if you're in a place with little to no signal and you aren't expecting any calls or texts, it's best to just turn your phone off or put it in airplane mode to save battery.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
danielsydney
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Optus Australia

Hi Ark,

I get tyhat much but I never had to do that with my BlackBerry 9900....:No:

Please use plain text.
Arkbird
My Device: None
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

All phones act differently. Some just draw more power when they search for a signal than others.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
carol_tdsb
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

I have a z10 and when I first got my phone it as worm to the touch while playing angry birds. Now it's getting extreamly hot and battery is not lasting 10 hrs off and on angry birds & texts on a charge of 12 hrs! whats up with that! It used to last 2 days not any more!

Do you think I should return the phone that I preordered and got two weeks later!

Please use plain text.