Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
RichardRSmith
My Device: Z10 STL100-3 S/W 10.1.0.2006 Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.16618
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Z10 pairing 2013 Toyota entune, Z10 caller-id Name, Z10 add in-coming call to Contacts, Z10 latest bootleg s/w Rel 10.1.0.2006 now, Z10 visual vm

[ Edited ]

July 3, 2013 :

(1)  Spoke to Toyota Technical Support today about 2013 Toyota entune, had them gooogle "wiki BlackBerry Z10" had them, then, to click 3rd one down on google listing : " BlackBerry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia " had them, then, see picture of my BlackBerry Z10 and under it on the right side 5th item down see and read to me : " Units shipped 200 million "

Toyota states they are working on their 2013 Toyota entune included for 36 months which integrates iPhone V and Samsung Galaxy Android but no BlackBerry to Navigation, SmartPhone usage, e-mail to Z10, read e-mail while driving Z10, and Contacts with address to extend 100 maximum limitation into 2013 Toyota Navigation on-board silly memory, USB support to Z10 with the USB plug provided, POI points of interest on Navigation where you click it and it dials the phone number on record of every business selected by 200 categories gas dentist doctor pet doctor groceries bakery restaurant shopping mall motel camping grounds RV hook-up etc.

(2) T-Mobile currently supports 10.1.0.2006 but I have loaded on previous BlackBerry products bootleg updated s/w releases which worked perfectly well and solved many of my previous issues on the 10 or so previous BlackBerry products I’ve owned since BlackBerry became the choice for users where security is the main purpose for business users, not mp3 listening to music for Apple which is just an over-priced under-technology product with lots of apps all of which I am complaining about in this post.

I’d like to do that again now, and see if any of these issues we all are having are being worked on in the least by BlackBerry.  Where can I get instructions of where to download whatever is the bootleg people know does fix at least 1 of these issues, please ?

(3) In-coming calls show only phone number.  Never had a BlackBerry like that, ever.  Understand this is a known bug, while others waste your time with swipe down from Phone App and Click Settings and Click one of the 13 settings in there such as SMART DIALING and do something with the 3 area codes local calls where I live and something with National Number Length also not explained where it can be corrected doing that.  I need to see the caller-id name and number, some folks refer to as Deluxe Caller-ID.  Number and name, not just the number.  No idea who is calling me, ever.

(4) Take in-coming call and press the number in the PHONE LOG on Phone App, and it calls the customer back.  I want to save the number to CONTACTS and either choose a contact to add it to, or have multiple listings for the same contact where I see one has a number and one just the e-mail I added.  I am still not satisfied with the add new contact every time I add via e-mail address when I already have the e-mail address and want to see it.  But, at least I can add contacts to the several thousand I deal with and at least have them in there twice.  That’s a start.

(5) Visual Voice Mail, I am now paying for at T-Mobile.  And, I have programmed it on on the Z10.  What is Visual vm ?  If I have it, where do I see it ?  What is it the Z10 provides on visual vm ?

(6) There must be an updated manual from the lackluster manual I downloaded when I upgraded from the BlackBerry Bold 9780 to Z10 which goes into a lot more detail than the one I downloaded, printed and went through to get to where I’m at, which is

Still after many months now, having a Z10 phone which :

(1) does nothing with 2013 Toyota entune ?

(2) must have a bootleg solid s/w release I can load with instructions ?

(3) in-coming caller phone number and Name, not just # ?

(4) Phone Log App click last in-coming call and Add to Contacts ?

(5) Visual vm turned on both carrier and settings and not seeing it ?

(6) latest manual on Z10 which someone surely has updated to address these issues

Anyone else having these issues items (1) through (6) ?

Give Thumbs-Up if helps you, or say Solution Accepted, or say Like.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Re: Z10 pairing 2013 Toyota entune, Z10 caller-id Name, Z10 add in-coming call to Contacts, Z10 latest bootleg s/w Rel 10.1.0.2006 now, Z10 visual vm

[ Edited ]

You asked: 

Still after many months now, having a Z10 phone which :

(1) does nothing with 2013 Toyota entune ?

(2) must have a bootleg solid s/w release I can load with instructions ?

(3) in-coming caller phone number and Name, not just # ?

(4) Phone Log App click last in-coming call and Add to Contacts ?

(5) Visual vm turned on both carrier and settings and not seeing it ?

(6) latest manual on Z10 which someone surely has updated to address these issues

Anyone else having these issues items (1) through (6) ?

1 -- up to car maker.  My 2013 RR Evoque works fine.

2 -- can't help

3 -- Mine does display name & number.

4 -- If you tap logged number you can call it.  Long press, you can add to contacts or view contact. 

5 -- look on your phone app

6 -- if you search for latest manual you will find on line with 10.l. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RichardRSmith
My Device: Z10 STL100-3 S/W 10.1.0.2006 Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.16618
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Z10 pairing 2013 Toyota entune, Z10 caller-id Name, Z10 add in-coming call to Contacts, Z10 latest bootleg s/w Rel 10.1.0.2006 now, Z10 visual vm

Cool.

Thanks a lot, scrannel.

"4 -- If you tap logged number you can call it.  Long press, you can add to contacts or view contact."

That works well.  Thank you scrannel.  Long Hold.  How'd you figure that out ?  When you long hold the phone number in the Call Log Z10, it opens a window pull-over from the right side.  There are many options over there, one being a picture of a person's head CONTACT.  You slide your finger from the pic of Contact head and slide-out slides to your left, and you slide-out with it, and it goes to Contact where NEW CONTACT appears and add simply.

Wonderful.

I knew there had to be a way to do it.  It's a BlackBerry.  All 10 previous did it and I must have missed it in the manual, but I went right through the manual page by page.

New Manual with 10.1, also cool.  Maybe that is where a lot of these silly questions from me are.

Lot of great answers there scrannel.

Wait til I tell Toyota your Range Rover works.  Man.  As you see I called Toyota told them $ 40k car with what they call entune app, and it works on Android, iPhone only, not 1 BlackBerry.

It basically locks up.  I opened a certified complaint and got reply they are working on it in the future and will address BlackBerry coming-up.

(5) I looked at phone app scrannel.  I see voice mail top left corner and 2 one-touch speed dials, list starts

ALL MISSED VM

All calls, missed calls, Visual Voice Mail.

Ha.

You're the man scrannel !  Or, the Lady !

That works, too.

What a guy.

Visual Voice Mail pops up. Have a YouTube looking play button press and plays the message, but it is only to handset, no button to play on speakerphone.

How do you play it on the speakerphone scrannel ?

I wish I knew how you have settings for seeing name and number on display ?  You have T-Mobile and Z10 so I presume same s/w rel I have 10.1.0.2006

So, the only item you didn't address is bootleg s/w which is just as well, seeing as how you made all my items on my list just go poof !

Impressive scrannel !

I owe you.  Maybe you will need an answer and I see it.

Give Thumbs-Up if helps you, or say Solution Accepted, or say Like.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

My pleasure. And, I'm a guy. I'll look through my settings when I have a chance later today. Have a good one.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
raylauffer
My Device: blackberry Z10
My Carrier: att

my BB Z10 worked good until i updated the BB OS, so it looks ike its a BB issue

Please use plain text.