Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
covvie44
My Device: Z10

Z10 pairing with BMW 6 series

Can someone help please? I've successfully paired my new Z10 with my car but the car display doesn't show my Contacts list.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Z10 pairing with BMW 6 series

I have the BMW 5 Series, and first time I paired it, it transfers my contacts but had problems with voice dialing, after the call, it wouldn't end the call. I deleted the z10 from my bmw and delete the BMW from my z10. Then I re-paired it and it transfered all my contacts on the system. It takes a couple of minutes to transfer your contacts. I have 1200 contacts.  Keep us Posted.. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
covvie44
My Device: Z10

Arsen:  Many thanks for this.  

By this:

<Then I re-paired it and it transfered all my contacts on the system.>

I assume you mean that the contacts wer transferred automatically during the pairing process, is that correct?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Yes , it transfers your contact automatically. You have a newer car, the bloothoth firmware should be newer in your 6 series than my 5 series. If still having problems, you might want to ask you dealer if they have a firmware update for your bloothooth device on you car.. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Manivo_CRM
My Device: NA
My Carrier: Rogers

Issue Found -

It’s the BMW internal memory causing the issue, here how we came to this conclusion:

After deploying a CRM system to a sales company we found that none of the sales people could properly sync there contact and address book of their new Z10 phones with the fleet of BMW's.

The reason is that the BMW Bluetooth interface only has memory for 1500 phone numbers (not contacts, phone numbers) and with the new CRM system it meant all sales people now had around 5000 contacts all dynamically syncing address and contact information with their phones.

The customer had the patience of a saint and escalated this all the way to BMW, Carrier and BlackBerry to find this information out, the reason it worked previously is the old version of BlackBerry (6,5 etc.) synced only the 'Hot List' which was essentially the most recent of the phone book, this is a feature that had been removed for some reason from BlackBerry 10 despite being created for this very reason.

So in short unless BlackBerry brings back this ‘Hot List’ feature there is no resolution, new phone etc. will not resolve the problem unless you remove the contacts so that the total number of telephone numbers does not exceed 1500, in fact the documentation for the BMQ manual actually says it can sync between 1000 to 1500 numbers depending on the model.

I hope this helps anyone else who has wasted there time trying to find a ‘fix’ I know I had been losing my mind as NO ONE knew or seemed to care to get the information we needed, and we spent weeks playing around thinking it was the phone only to find the car had been the issue.

Many thanks to our customer John Manley at Machine Tool Systems for having incredible patience and essentially spending hours on hold with BlackBerry and time at the dealership to help this issue come to a conclusion.

Please use plain text.