Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

Z10 photo rotation within apps.

MY Z10 HAS STARTED ROTATING PICTURES TAKEN WITHIN FACEBOOK AND TWITtER APPS. ANY PHOTO  TAKEN WITH THE CAMERA IS FINE IT IS JUST ONES TAKEN WITHIN THE  APP.  ANY SUGgESTIONS I HAVE DONE A RESTART. 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Z10 photo rotation within apps.

Hello karlatkinson and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty with the photo rotation.

When you capture the photo, how are you holding your device? Horizontal or portrait? 

If you rotate your device when capturing the photo, does it show proper in the preview before you go to post?

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

If i hold the phone in portrait the picture shown in the preview and is posted rotated 90deg to left. The picture is stored in picture folder on phone is correct orientation. Rotation lock makes no difference. The same happens if i take a picture in twitter app aswell. Camera works fine in camera mode. I have software ver 10.1.0.273 installed. This hasnust recently stsrted to happen all was fine until week ago.  Also if i take a picture with the phone csmera and then share it to facebook the picture orientstion is fine. 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Further in-depth analysis will need to be done on this issue with log diagnosis.

Due to this complexity. it's advised you contact your mobile provider's technical department and ask for a support ticket opened with BlackBerry Support.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!