Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Dscsayers
My Device: Z10

Z10 (possible) charging issues?

Hey everyone. I'm hoping somebody will be able to lend some insight as to what my new phone is up to. Like many z10 owners I have found myself please with the battery life after a few cycles. The overall life has improved drastically over the last few days, however I bothered by one thing. On screen the phone shows all the correct states... Lighting bolt for changing, once the batter reaches 100% it switches over to the "I'm plugged in but no longer charging symbol" and obviously that's when the phone is powered up. My problem is when I charge the phone when it's turned off. I never ever see the green led. The phone constantly show the pulsing amberish "charging" indication. This is the second phone for me to do this (the first was exchanged for the charging issues as well. It wouldn't consistently take a charge past 57%) I know the phone will display green. I did see it on the initial charge, however is has shown it shiny green little face since. Any tips, tricks or advice to get this working? Is this a know bug? Will it/can it be address in future updates? Am I damaging my phone charging when it's off if it never thinks its charged?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Re: Z10 (possible) charging issues?

Search and read.... :smileywink:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Dscsayers

I think I may be terrible at searching, because I cannot find an answer to what I'm asking. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chidybangz
My Device: Blackberry z10

I had the same problem stops at 48% took it back and they gave me a new one. They said that the battery might be defective. When I have my phone off, it still chargeres, the green light flikers. try removing the battery and re inserting it. might help

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

If there appears to be no solution here, call your carrier's support and ask to be escalated to Blackberry support so that they can pull logs and try to figure out the issue. Best way for it to get resolved. :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

Leave the phone powered on when charging. Sweep up the screen to light up the screen if you want to check the battery level. In settings, about, and hardware, at the bottom of the display you should be able to see the percent of battery power.

With chargeable batteries they will reach their peak performance after about 15 to 20 charge cycles. The performance should be maintained for at least 350 to 400 full charge cycles or maybe 1.5 to 2 years depending on the particular state of the battery condition. After that period the battery charge opertion time will start to degrade. The rate of degrading can vary from one battery to another.

In the past I found I rarely got more than about 1.5 years peak performance from a phone battery.  We also have a Bold that is just over a year old. Just a few weeks ago I had to replace the battery.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
nbz
New Contributor
nbz

[ Edited ]

Exact same issue here.  It doesn't seem to be continously charging, at least, the battery doesn't get any warmer - it should get slightly warm, maybe 1 or 2 degrees above ambient. I'm wondering if this is a firmware glitch. It functions fine other than that. I'm reluctant to just leave it charging overnight, in case it is continously charging.

Please use plain text.