Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Z10 problems - sound, music, phone app

Hello,

I have the Z10 thru AT&T and currently running 10.0.10.116 and I am having some odd and very frustrating issues which I believe to be bugs.

Sound, I will have my notifications all set to on, they will work for half the day and then suddenly just stop working. The phone won't make any sounds, it won't play music, it won't do notications, the volume rockers won't bring up the volume icon, etc. The only way to fix this is to turn the phone off and on.

The Phone Application sometimes stops responding or working. It will open, I will select a recent call, the screen will dim, nothing will happen, and then brighten back up, the dial pad will highlight numbers when I touch them but not dial anything. The only way to fix this is turn the phone off and on. This is frustrating and dangerous, in case of an emergency I would like the phone part of my phone to work...

The music app does something similar, I will select music to play and the app will just do nothing, it stalls for a moment and then does nothing. The only way to fix this is to turn the phone off and on.

What is going on with my phone? It is very frustrating for things to stop working. I have to do a soft reset of my phone everyday to fix these problems. The phone about a month old and has never been dropped, wet, or anything, etc. 

HALP!

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra
My Carrier: Verizon/T-Mobile

Re: Z10 problems - sound, music, phone app

If it were me I would think about getting the device replaced.  ATT is usually pretty good about that.  I have not heard about those issues as being common problems so many you got a faulty device.

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telkomsel

i finally solved it ! after surfing 1 whole day, i found the answer from indonesia blackberry forum. Open the back cover, press the connection buzzer on the back of Z10 right under battery location. while playing the music, so u can find right location to press...oh BB sucks big time! the quality of the hardware is irritating ! lucky my sound back on track now !

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Would you describe this a bit more clearly please? Thanks
Super Contributor
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra
My Carrier: Verizon/T-Mobile

misscloud wrote:

i finally solved it ! after surfing 1 whole day, i found the answer from indonesia blackberry forum. Open the back cover, press the connection buzzer on the back of Z10 right under battery location. while playing the music, so u can find right location to press...oh BB sucks big time! the quality of the hardware is irritating ! lucky my sound back on track now !

I looked at my device and could not find the button you were refferring to.  All I saw was the NFC contacts.

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: banl

There is no button as-such. Press below the battery. If it works, u r lucky :smileyhappy:

It worked for me.