Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Z10 randomly powers down / restarts

Yes, my wife's phone is having this same issue.  She doesn't have anything side-loaded.  I think the only app she has installed that isn't stock is Whatsapp from BB App World.  The phone will freeze for a minute and then restart.  It's happening once or 1-3 times per day.

This is the T-Mobile version of the phone.  It's really freaking her out because none of her friends are having the issue.  I'll try wiping it and see if that helps.

New Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Slaghead, do you use an SD card with your device?

Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: sasktel

Just wanted to add an update. My phone JUST powered down and it took me probably 10 minutes to get it to turn on again. Has this happened to anyone else?
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9930
My Carrier: verizon (sucks)

Yes, this seems like the biggest bug that has plagued the z10 thus far. I'm pretty sure BB is working frantically to get to the bottom of it- because honestly for the users that are being affect, this is an absoulte nightmare. This is the kind of thing that drove people away from BB on the older OS's to begin with, keeping my fingers crossed the issue will be resolved in the next major OS update(s) (assuming this is a software issue).

Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook, BB Torch 9800, BB Z10, iPhone5
My Carrier: Vodafone DE

You may find this BlackBerry Knowledge Base article helpful:

BlackBerry Z10 smartphone reboots randomly during normal usage (www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34039)

Resolution

This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team for further investigation.

My Carrier: Telekom.de

[ Edited ]

Same Problem, Z10 with Telekom.de. It restarts once a day

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: TBayTel

[ Edited ]

Hi,

After reading many reports on here, I thought I should share some hopeful findings. 

My new Z10 with the 10.1 update has had the same issue with random reboots within 2 days of owning it so I immediately phoned my service provider and after speaking with a technician for quite awhile about the problem they noticed that the new BB 10 phones can't be identified anymore as BlackBerry or something on the Network and that my account programming was linked to BIS when it shouldn't have been because that's the way the older phones are supported.  They ddn't give any promises but said removing this configuration on their end may resolve the random reboot problem because it was a necessary change they had to make in order for proper programming to be pushed to my phone in the first place!  They said this may have been causing a conflict with the devce.

The reboots usually happened in the morning while on the charger or in the afternoon while just laying flat on the table or chair so I'll be watching to see if it happens again.

**And one other curious note... when I tap <settings> <about> <general (at the top right)> <hardware> and then scroll down to the bottom, it says --> BOOT TIME - May 29, 2013, 8:40:53 p.m. --> which hasn't happened yet!  My time and date settings are set properly too.  Right now it's May 29, 2013, 6:36 p.m. so I'll definitely be watching to see if something happens at 8:40!

Update: No reboot @ 8:40:53 p.m.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: TBayTel

New Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

10.1.0.2342 version is the answer to all your blackberry Z10 problem. I had the same issues of auto restart and battery consumption for last 1 week, ever since I bougth the phone. Then i took the risk of upgrading to the leaked version 2342 and this phone has become a rock star. it has been 4 days and no auto restart.. battery works as if it in steriods...

go for it.. and use your phone in peace...

New Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

10.1.0.2342 version is the answer to all your blackberry Z10 problem. I had the same issues of auto restart and battery consumption for last 1 week, ever since I bougth the phone. Then i took the risk of upgrading to the leaked version 2342 and this phone has become a rock star. it has been 4 days and no auto restart.. battery works as if it in steriods...

go for it.. and use your phone in peace...