Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Z10 regularly on silent??

Almost every day that I have this phone, it unexplainably goes on silent despite all the notifications being switched on?

If I touch the volume keys on the side of the phone a padlock sign appears.

When this padlock sign appears and I receive a phone call there is no sound, no vibrate, when I get a text or email, there is no sound or vibrate.

When I then check the sound and vibrate notifications these are switched on?

So why does this happen and how do I switch it back to normal sound and vibrate without resetting it.

It happens daily and Im fed up of resetting it all the time.

Can anyone help?

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 regularly on silent??

I have the exact same problem. Initially I thought that I just didn't understand all the controls and that I must be putting it on silent somehow. But once I discover it (always after I miss an important call), I need to pop the battery to bring it back to life.
Forums Advisor III

Known issue. Kb here:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33694
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Great, So basically I spend the best part of £500 for a brand new smartphone and there is no solution?

Wow.

Forums Advisor III

Not yet, we are all patiently waiting for an update to fix a number if bugs. :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

This usually happens when multiple messages come in and the device tries to play all the tones it stops all notifications. As posted above it's a known issue but no estimated time to resolution.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vodacom

Solution! 
1) While playing the music: 
2) Open the back cover, 
3) Touch the connection buzzer on the back (right under battery location). I even now manage to apply pressure to the block-area without removing the cover, while playing music. Works! 
4) Fixed!

I actually had my BlackBerry replaced before I knew the Solution. Not even the carriers know this solution! Thank you BlackBerry for another issue on the Flagship model. Disappointed. ...and this from a Massive loyal BlackBerry user... and creating this forum account to be able to help other users, Pain!

Found the Solution here:
http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/no-sound-problem-z10-not-like-other-people-781693/