Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
pagal72
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: celcom

Z10 seem to be having problem connecting to server

I bought my Z10 in April 2013. It was working fine except that, on and off I do not see the Blackberry symbol and it does not connect to internet. I had to restart the phone to get connected.

Recently, I was in US (Florida) and noticed that the Blackberry symbol never appeared despite roaming. I tried both T Mobile and ATT. I even restarted my phone many times but the symbol never appeared and the phone never got connected to internet ( Yes, I did on the Data service). However, if I use WiFi, everthing is fine and the symbol appears.

My wife who has the same telco plan but uses Bold 9900 did not have any problems.

Even after returning to malaysia , I still find at times, the blackberry logo dissapears and I need to restart the phone atleast once a day. 

If this persist, I think I may need to change to i-phone. I have been a loyal user of BB since 2010.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Z10 seem to be having problem connecting to server

This is generally a carrier data provisioning issue, not a BB issue.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pagal72

Then why BlackBerry Bold don't seem to have the same problem?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You're comparing apples and oranges. Two totally different devices requiring two different types of data plans.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pagal72

So, what is the solution? Does that mean that I can't travel with BlackBerry Z10?
Interestingly, when I was in Dubai during transit flight, i had no problems
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

If you're having the problems only when roaming there may be little you can do. Does it all work normally on your home network? If not, contact your provider and have them make sure on the proper data plan for the Z10. It doesn't require a specific BIS data plan, either.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pagal72

Most of the time it works well with my home network except occasionally. So, it looks like I can't do much when I am travelling! Better change back to Bold or another phone
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Contact your carrier and see if there is anything they can do. Most of the time they will say they can't control other networks. Can't hurt to try, though.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pagal72

BlackBerry was designed for corporate people and yet we have this sort of problems. I wonder how BlackBerry is going to handle this!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

It is provider issue and not likely a BB problem. Call your provider and see what they can do.
Please use plain text.