Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: verizon

Z10 software update, now phone won't work

I got a prompt to update software on my Z10.  After several prompts, I finally updated it.  I didn't re-boot phone immediately, but yesterday the phone ran out of battery.   This morning the phone will not register on the Verizon network...it won't recognize it.  And the battery life, while always crummy, now depletes in 1/2 day instead of a day, even when I left it in airplane mode to save the battery.  HELP!

When I look under Settings, the Mobile Network shows "off" and it will not toggle on.  I can get e-mails by connecting to WiFI.

I spent 2 hours on the phone with the morons at VZ support and they are sending me a new SIM.  The SIM might cause it to not connect to the NW, but it doesn't explain why the battery now depletes 3x faster than before.

Help me!  I am very frustrated with this POS

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Z10 software update, now phone won't work

Actually, it would explain why the battery depletes. If the device is constantly trying to search for the network it will run the battery down quite quickly. I'm skeptical that the sim card will fix it since Verizon doesn't use a sim card in the US. The sim card is only for international roaming. I don't know what happened during the update but you may need to reload the OS on the device.

And, "POS?" I've had my Z10 since launch day and love it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I put it in "airplane mode", so there was no radio on to hunt for the VZ signal.

VZ does use a SIM card for LTE

I don't like the Z10.  When it was working, it won't let me set up a second GMail account, it won't do push e-mail on POP e-mail like the old Blackberries did, and the battery life sucks

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Ah, yes, you are correct about the sim card for 4GLTE.

You can set up multiple GMail accounts.

The Z10 does not use BIS as the old BB's did so, no, POP does not work as well. BB got hammered when their BIS system went down (not very often but enough for the press to hammer them on their proprietary system) so they are moving away from it.

I know people with VZW Z10's that say they can get 18 hours out of their battery.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Agreed, my wife and I both have Z10s on the Verizon network and get good battery life (normal heavy use 6-8 hours; moderate use 10-14 hours).

Multiple Gmail accounts are available on the Z10.

When you get your new SIM, connect to the network, give it a few days to settle down the battery life. 2-3 days. Don't deplete the battery each day to 5%, but top off the battery when able for 15 minute or longer chargers during the day.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

New SIM came today, but phone still doesn't work.

I am now  talking to RIM support on the phone.  I have already been on the phone for 5 hours!!! this weekend with Michelle, Alyssa, Chris, Tom, Karen, Tom, and Alexandra from Verizon.  Finally Alexandra said she doesn't know, so she passed me to Hanna at RIM and I have been on the phone for an hour already and my phone still doesn't work!!!

I am beyond frustrated with RIM and Verizon.  I just want my phone to work!!!  This shouldn't be this complex!!!

New Contributor

Battery life is horrid.  With the phone in Airplane Mode today while I waited for SIM to arrive, the phone went from full, overnight charge to zero between 9am and 1:30 pm.  That was in Airplane Mode with no radios on, no searching for VZ, no WiFi, no BT...nothing!!!!

I hate this phone

Guru II

I'm sure if BB can't figure out what the issue is that VZW will replace it. Things happen.
New Contributor

@John Clark,

How do I get multiple g-mail accounts running?  Every time I try to put my second account, which I will call "Account2" on, it rejects the password.  I can remove "Account1" and "Account2 loads goes in just fine, but then I can't add "account1"...it rejects the password.  Why is this? 

I went to the guy at VZ and he couldn't figure out how to do it either

Guru II

I just added my daughter's gmail account on my Z10 to test and both accounts are working fine. I just chose GMail in the list of accounts and put in the credentials.