Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Z10 stuck on loading logo on starting up

nicholasitaly wrote:
seems like the reboot from windows 7 has fixed the issue. mac os x was not able to solve it. had to use my eeepc :smileyhappy:

Hey thats good my friend! :smileyhappy:

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dazedandconfused
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Mobilicity

Hello

My first post here, hoping someone can help.  Been on the phone all day with BB and my provider, scoured the net and all.  I have a BB Z10 that has become stuck on the first boot screen, the one when you first power the phone on . it displasy the  BB logo and the "Blackberry" name in white.  It doesnt make it to the next screen with the colorful logo that circles around.  Ive been told I have to do a clean wipe of the phone and reinstall the system OS.  Only problem is I have all sorts of photos on there of my kids that I didnt back up :smileysad: and was advised that I will lose all of them permanently. Is there anything I can do? Any help would be greatly appreciated as i have 6 months worth of memories on there that Id hate to lose.

I know, I should have done a back up, and I do them all the time with my computer but never thought id need to with the phone. Unfortunately I never connected my phone to the computer to download them either.... my BIG mistake for sure.

FYI I tried downloading BB Link for mac, but the phone doesnt show up in there or anywhere.  I tried removing the battery and waiting , holding down the start buttons etc etc... just one wall after the other.  Any ideas of  how I can retrieve my photos before I wipe the phone clean? Thank you...

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,879
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

dazedandconfused wrote:

Hello

My first post here, hoping someone can help.  Been on the phone all day with BB and my provider, scoured the net and all.  I have a BB Z10 that has become stuck on the first boot screen, the one when you first power the phone on . it displasy the  BB logo and the "Blackberry" name in white.  It doesnt make it to the next screen with the colorful logo that circles around.  Ive been told I have to do a clean wipe of the phone and reinstall the system OS.  Only problem is I have all sorts of photos on there of my kids that I didnt back up :smileysad: and was advised that I will lose all of them permanently. Is there anything I can do? Any help would be greatly appreciated as i have 6 months worth of memories on there that Id hate to lose.

I know, I should have done a back up, and I do them all the time with my computer but never thought id need to with the phone. Unfortunately I never connected my phone to the computer to download them either.... my BIG mistake for sure.

FYI I tried downloading BB Link for mac, but the phone doesnt show up in there or anywhere.  I tried removing the battery and waiting , holding down the start buttons etc etc... just one wall after the other.  Any ideas of  how I can retrieve my photos before I wipe the phone clean? Thank you...

Are your photos stored on the removable media card?

Remove the media card, remove the SIM card also.

THEN, insert the battery and connect the Z10 to the wall outlet charger for an hour.

Next, with it still connected to the charger, remove the battery again and reinsert...

What happen?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dazedandconfused
My Carrier: Mobilicity

Thank you for the reply.  Unfortunately my photos are not stored on the removable media :smileysad:.I didnt have a removabel media card in there.  I will try your suggestions.

So after one hour of charging the phone with the cards removed I remove the battery and reinseret it immediatley?

Thanks. Mark.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

dazedandconfused wrote:

Thank you for the reply.  Unfortunately my photos are not stored on the removable media :smileysad:.I didnt have a removabel media card in there.  I will try your suggestions.

So after one hour of charging the phone with the cards removed I remove the battery and reinseret it immediatley?

Thanks. Mark.

Yes, insert the battery while leaving out the sim and media cards.

And keep connected to the wall outlet charger.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
anar621
My Carrier: Azercell

[ Edited ]

Hi, guys. I also met the same problem today. So, I just restarted my Z10, actually without any reason. :smileyhappy: But, it is restarting nearly untill 92-98 percent (I tried several times) and no result. BTW, it doesn't show percentage anymore. I just said that number hypotethically. I'd like to add that I never tried to update OS or to do something with software recently, even I don't remember when have I linked it to laptop last time. Please help me, if you know any mean to get my phone back without any data loss. And how to run z10 into safe mode? Thanks!

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Try the link aleady posted in this thread above, first.

How to Reload your Blackberry10 OS

If you can't do that, you may need to reload the OS in a way that will wipe ALL of your existing data, so try the above first.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
anar621
My Carrier: Azercell

thank you, but do you have any idea whether I'll loose my data or not? And what about to run it into safe mode? 

Please use plain text.
JSanders

You should not lose data via the first method, you will via an autoloader file.

There is no Safe Mode on BlackBerry10.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.