If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

stevermac
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Z10 stuck on start-up

My new z10 did a software update and now is stuck on the start-up screen.  When I hit it, it says 100% but stays like that permanently.  I've pulled the battery, plugged it into my PC and nothing seems to work.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Z10 stuck on start-up

That is the first I've heard of this issue. You may need to reload the OS. Instructions are in the link below. However, you should probably give your carrier a call and ask to be escalated to BlackBerry Technical Support.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33480
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jazsta123
My Device: Blackberry Z10 white
My Carrier: Vodafone

If anyone has this problem after the update

DO NOT BATTERY PULL

Just give the device a few more minutes and it will eventually boot up

I thought I had this problem but didnt want to risk messing up the update so i left it for about 5 minutes and it did eventually boot although it said 100% the whole time

So its best just to have a bit of patience before trying anything else

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
qbnumner14
My Device: z10
My Carrier: bell

Been stuck for 25 minutes so far after the new update

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

If it's still stuck then you could try an autoload instead, a good write up on how to do it is here.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Upgrading-OS10-devices-using...

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
qbnumner14
My Device: z10
My Carrier: bell

My phone eventually came back after pulling the battery numeroud times, but OS update did not complete. Now my phone will not let me call out or receive calls, so I am trying the update again. So far its been 10 minutes at 100%

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
neildon
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: BT

What happened next?
I have exactly this issue now, ive left it on 100% screen for absolutely ages but nothing.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jazsta123
My Device: Blackberry Z10 white
My Carrier: Vodafone

Go with the autoload method, next time I updated from my last post it did the same and never recovered until I autoloaded,  it's the best way and simple, just backup your stuff beforehand

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
neildon

Backup would be nice but blackberry link is u/s and will not recognise my device. Ive deleted and readded the link software but it just wont behave.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
neildon

However thank you, i may have to just go with it as a phone that cant be used for phone calls is pretty useless
Please use plain text.