Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
Fr3lncr
My Device: Z30

Z10 turning itself on when off and charging issues (variation of reboot problem?)

Hello,

My current Z10 is a factory unlocked, non-carrier branded STL100-3 (Brightstar model given out at BlackBerry LIve in Orlando).

It has 10.1.0.273 installed and I'm on Virgin Mobile Canada.

I've only been using this Z10 for the past two weeks and I've been noticing the following situations:

1) Before going to bed, I plug the Z10 in and with it on and with one app running in active frames, in the morning, the phone will still be on with no active frame running (so it is rebooting) PLUS the battery life will be low (say 50%). I ran Battery Guru the last time this happened and while the app registered that it was plugged in, it was not drawing any power.  So, at some point in the night, the phone is rebooting, but after rebooting, the phone wont charge.

2) Before going to be, I plug the Z10 in and turn it off (holding power button until after the BlackBerry logo pops up and the screen goes off).  In the morning, my Z10 is on (however, it is drawing a charge).  This actually happened twice last night as I plugged it in and turned the phone off before going to bed but heard my notification go off about an hour later.  I went downstairs and noticed the blinking light on and of course the phone was on.  Thinking I made a mistake, I turned it off again and plugged it in and saw an slow blinking orange LED light for charging but again, this morning, the phone was on.

Has anyone else noticed something like this?  Would this be a variation of the reboot problem? 

I'm hoping this is a software issue as I can't return this Z10 since I didn't get it from my carrier.  I guess my only options at this point are to reload 10.1.0.273 or install one of the leaked versions??

Thank you in advance for any help/info provided.

Cheers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
BB-past: 9000>9700>9800>9780>9810>9900>Z10>Q5