Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
nsc79
My Device: Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: T Mobile

Z10 upgrade issue

Evening All

I just got my Z10. I went to the software updates, and the first one downloaded and installed fine, all 148MB.

THe second upgrade it came up with to go to 10 OS version 10.0.10.90 downloaded fine, all 760MB of it. IT then installed, but only got to 97% and failed. I thought, OK, so tried to update again, and it downloaded the full file again, no problems, but again failed at the 97% mark. 

Now the software update section says it has a update, but it it 0MB, and does not do anything. It wont let me cancel. I have tried powering down, and then restarting, it then says update failed, but nothing changes, I cant try agian or cancel the update.

Help. This is only my second blackberry, but I do like it, BBM is awesome :-)

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Z10 upgrade issue

Hey nsc79,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

I would suggest trying to perform the update through BlackBerry Link.  Attach the BlackBerry Z10 to your computer and you'll see a red star appear at the bottom where it shows your BlackBerry Z10 is connected in BlackBerry Link.  Click on that and choose install update.

This might take a few minutes longer but it will sure the update will go through.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.