Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Dave88
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Z10 when plugged in to my windows8 computer (pavilion g6) I receive a bluescreen

Getting an error name called DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION. Any drivers to fix this problem.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Z10 when plugged in to my windows8 computer (pavilion g6) I receive a bluescreen

I not yet have any training or experience with Windows 8.  I am doing Windows 7 IT support, but I will take a shot at this...

In Windows 8, find out if you have a "Run As {version}" capability as like in Windows 7 and XP. In Windows 7 you do a properties on the software (shortcut to Blackberry Link), and select the tab Compatibility. This is known as compatibility mode.  In that tab you will see where you can activate the feature to allow Windows to run the selected application as like in older versions of Windows. For example, you can select Windows XP. The emulation is not perfect because of many complex possibilities, but with many cases it does the fix.

If the above does not work, check this out with Blackberry support. They should know for sure if the Z10 and the Link program will work well with the Link software.

If you want to test to see if the phone itself is working okay when plugged in to a USB port, try it on another computer that is running Windows 7.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dave88

Re: Z10 when plugged in to my windows8 computer (pavilion g6) I receive a bluescreen

Oh I know for a fact that it works on other computers such as windows 7 or other OS'ses , this is the one computer that fails on me ill give you more details below: 

HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC

Windows 8 64-bit 

it doesn't bluescreen right away once plugged in. My guess is that it starts to bluescreen once it starts to search the  internal drive of my blackberry Z10

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dave88

[ Edited ]

DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION <when pluggin in my Z10 by micro USB to my windows 8 laptop.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Windows 8 is still very new. I have been reading that with many products and devices there are issues with Windows 8.  The manufactures along with Microsoft will have to work out the issues. Windows 8 is becoming more popular.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dave88

Yea i'm considering going back to windows 7...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dave88

Still no solution. Is there a support line I can call from blackberry
Please use plain text.
Developer
danielleCoder
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: verizon

Any solution to this - I have a windows 8 laptop and Z10 phone and the DPC_Watchdog_Violation is happening a couple of times a day. Very frustrating.

Please use plain text.
tomaspistola
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I'd like to confim this happening to me as well. Only happens when my Z10 is plugged in - though randomly for me. Very odd. Doesn't do it when I boot into Windows 7. Only happens in 8 and no - using 7 all the time is not an option right now. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dave88

i think microsoft is the problem....
Please use plain text.