Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Re: Z10 when plugged in to my windows8 computer (pavilion g6) I receive a bluescreen

I guess there is no development on this as this is still affecting me.  While it might be a 'Windows 8' issue, it could also be that Link needs an update or something to make it more compatible with Windows 8.  While '8' may be the new 'Vista', that doesn't mean BB can afford to not ensure their products are compatible with it.

Hopefully BB will release an update that improves compatibility or that 8.1 will fix it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
BB-past: 9000>9700>9800>9780>9810>9900>Z10>Q5
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

Re: Z10 when plugged in to my windows8 computer (pavilion g6) I receive a bluescreen

Same problem here with my Q10 and Windows 8 on two different notebooks.

Its a shame that there is no help, nor any reaction from BB.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi there!  I have read this entire thread.  I have Windows 8 on my new Surface Pro tablet.  I too, continue to get the DPC_Watchdog_Violation error and then my tablet reboots.  I'm not sure, but it seems to happen when my Blackberry Link software automatically runs when I re-start my tablet.  Not sure tho'.  Could there be a driver incompatibility?  If not, what else can I do?  I have read about the problem on the Windows Forum and the argument ranges from "It's Windows 8' to "It's the external device."or "It'sboth.".  It would be helpful to know where the root problem is, so the fix is created.  Both the Z10 and the Windows Surface Pro tablet are new.  Can we not have some communication here from Blackberry indicating that they are 1) aware of the problem; 2) the problem is Windows 8, or Blackberry OS or both or none, or 3) we will post a solution by a certain date giving you an indication as to where we are in our problem-solving efforts.  I see that my posting is three weeks after the last one.  I would welcome tech support from Blackberry to kindly respond.  Thank you.

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Yes, happens randomly but only when Q10 is blugged in.

Contributor
My Device: Z10

I think Blackberry is the problem. (sorry BB).
Windows 8 has been out for quite some time now. It has millions of users worldwide. To blame Microsoft is easy since it is their OS. However, when I search through the many on-line forums regarding this error, Blackberry simply states it is a "Known Issue". Not a satisfactory answer. The solution of course is simple; Blackberry needs to TALK to Microsoft and work out a solution.
As proof of this, has anyone else noticed that the "NEW" BB Link is installed on their computers as "Research In Motion" and is only available as 32 bit? This is sad in more ways than one since #1 The Z10 is supposed to be Blackberry's "Flagship" phone and #2 Blackberry Link is the ONLY way to completely sync our phones.
Need a better solution than dropping down to Windows 7 to make a 2013 flagship phone work with a flagship OS such as Windows 8. Sorry for the ramble. But it's time for Blackberry to get to work before losing millions of users.
Thanks. And am looking forward to a working BB Link soon.

Developer
My Device: 9000 9810

Have the same issue with my Z10 and Win8.
It was OK two months ago.
I cannot say for sure whether Windows8 update or me installing latest (10.2) BB NDK.

I just plug the device in. If I am quick enough I can access the Z10 flash and transfer media on it. If I unplug it fast (cca 20 seconds) everything is OK, but if I leave it in for a few minutes system crashes (randomly but in several minutes for sure). 

BTW Try listening to mp3 on your computer while this happens. It starts to stutter then fails completely. Device feels no side effects though.

Come on RIM ... 

"Listen carefully, I shall say this only once"
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Swisscom

I don't know if anyone has seen this already but there is a KB about that particular issue now logged with Blackberry/Windows: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34554

New Contributor
My Carrier: Swisscom

Based on my experience, this is no issue anymore running Windows 8.1. Consider updating to the newest OS version (not only because of this issue Smiley Happy)
Regular Contributor
My Device: No device
My Carrier: BSNL, India

Same prob for me also I tried z10 and q10 both with both devices I have windows 8 64 bit on hp sleek book. Tried diff osa prob is with windows 8 only

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I think Windows 8.1 fixed the problem