Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Dave88
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Z10 when plugged in to my windows8 computer (pavilion g6) I receive a bluescreen

not blackberry but its hard to say because neither side have given a solution
tomaspistola
My Device: Z10

Re: Z10 when plugged in to my windows8 computer (pavilion g6) I receive a bluescreen

My guess is the blame lies with both parties.
Developer
smartek
My Device: Playbook

I'm getting the same error and bluescreen

Plase "+Like" my post if it was helpful.
New Contributor
highbury74

Great to finally find this thread - this problem has been driving me around the twist.

I have also been having the same problem with the BSOD and windows 8. I am also having difficulties mounting the volumes drives as well.

Is anyone else having this issue as well?

Contributor
Dave88

we all have this issue , finding the solution is where were stuck...
Developer
danielleCoder
My Device: torch 9800

It's a shame there isn't a Blackberry forum where we can get an official acknowledgment of the problem and maybe a solution - oh wait this is an official Blackberry forum but still nothing from somebody official from BB.

Thanks BB (I have suffered the blue screen dpc problem so many times but only when Z10 is plugged in and yet you say nothing).

New Contributor
cstepaniuk
My Device: Playbook

This may not help you, but if you sync over wifi, or deploy your app over wifi it doesn't bluescreen.  I've noticed this as well and it's very very frustrating.

New Contributor
highbury74

Nothing on the front still?

I hope someone out there is aware of this problem. I mean look, it's great to have the forum where we can post these kind of issues, don't get me wrong.

But ultimately this is an issue that somebody should have been aware of. The Z10 I'm am finding is a powerful device & really easy to use. But these kind of functionality problems need to be addressed ASAP.

C'mon BB - get onto it!!!!

Contributor
Dave88

highbury , this issue to me is a windows issue. I have 2 others windows 7 machines that sot bluescreen when plugged in , but when its my windows 8 hp laptop BSOD....
New Contributor
highbury74

Dave88, totally agree.

I've gone ahead and tried another PC running windows 7 with BB link and no problems.

So I'm thinking it's strictly a windows 8 issuse. Kinda makes me wish that I never installed it in the first place, with all the trouble it has caused me, not only with BB but with a host of other things as well.

Windows 8, meh!!!!!