Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Telecom NZ
Accepted Solution

Z10 - when sending emails I receive the following message " Protocol layer was unable to send a message " What is the solution to resolve this issue please

[ Edited ]

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: Z10 - when sending emails I receive the following message " Protocol layer was unable to send a message " What is the solution to resolve this issue please

What is your OS Version ?

Contributor

Re: Z10 - when sending emails I receive the following message " Protocol layer was unable to send a message " What is the solution to resolve this issue please

My OS - 10.1.0.4181 The BB Z10 shows that this software is upto date

Forums Veteran I

The solution from BlackBerry is to update your OS Version which you have done but it seems this is a ongoing issue for a couple of versions.

I see you are with Telecom New Zealand so I went to the New Zealand link which transfered  me to Australia your neighbour.

Version 10.2 is available and hopefully it will correct your issue, click the link below then click Update Now.

Click BlackBerry 10 OS if not already open and the page will show you 3 ways you can update.

http://au.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/blackberry-10-os.html

Contributor

Thank you yes I am in New Zealand

I have connected the Z10 to my laptop via BB Link

Followed your instructions and tried to update via the Web and through BB Link

On both occasions I receive a message that shows that my software is current and upto date 

Hopefully you can suggest another method whereby I can update to the latest OS software

Thanks

Regards

David 

Forums Veteran I

Your software updates are tied to you carrier so for some reason Telecom NZ are not releasing it yet.

Call them to see when they will release it.

Forums Veteran I

There is a beta version but it is not a complete version, there is also a leaked version but it is download at your own risk. You do not need further problems. Wait for the Official Version.

Contributor

Many thanks for your excellent advise I was able to download the latest OS software last night Phone is now working fine Thank you again Regards David