Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
jumpmaster357
My Device: Z10 ST:100-3
My Carrier: AT&T

Z10 will not turn on

The other day my Z10 got a blue screen.  Then it turned off. It was fully charged

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Z10 will not turn on

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain directly connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB, not a cradle):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain an known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem. Note carefully please that "new" and "know good" are not necessarily the same things. While rare, a "new" battery certainly could be defective. Rather, the simplest (and least costly, btw) method to conduct this test is to find someone with an identical BB who has no issues...trade batteries and see what happens.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
misterblank
My Device: Z10

Similar issue for me- Charged it over night, in the morning it showed "only emergency calls" and would not accept my passcode, (i typed it enough times to confirm I was typing it correctly), I held the power down to restart it and it now it's lifeless.

Tried with another known good battery to no avail.

The 2hr charge/15min/2hr charge seems as arbitrary as the month of messages the hub deleted.

has anyone successfully done this?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

[ Edited ]

FWIW... a couple of observations.

First, I have been seeing a seeming large number of phones on Crackberry forum dead after all night charge. This could be a coincidence but...

Second, I was getting a blue screen once a day followed by a restart. I traced it (I am 99% sure) to an app. I realize your Blue Screen was followed by a dead phone, but for others. Again, FWIW.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jumpmaster357
My Device: Z10 ST:100-3
My Carrier: AT&T

Was sent a new battery. No luck.  AT&T is sending me a new phone since the phone was still under warranty.

Please use plain text.
jt22
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

This is what worked for me. I was having the problem where the z10 will not load the operating system. It'll start to boot up after taking out the battery and then it'll shut off. The power button didn't do anything. I downloaded the Full OS Autoloader from here http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/10-2-1-1055-radio-all-devices-873653/

Once downloaded, attach your blackberry device, double click on the exe to run, remove and reinsert battery. This will start loading the OS onto your blackberry. Once the black screen disappears, blackberry will bootup like how you got it the first time, go through the setup, make sure wifi is working and then it'll be fine again. Power button will also start working after couple hours.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
z10Mash
My Device: Black Z10
My Carrier: MTN

Use windows Internet explorer( not chrome) to navigate to this page www.BlackBerry.com/updates, this will guide you http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-Smartphone/How-to-Reload-your-Blackberry10-OS/t...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
OriginalLucy
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Fido

I am reading so many messages like this, the Z10 won't turn on. There doesn't seem to be any consistent way to revive the Z10. Mine won't turn on either and if I hold the power button, I get two red lights after 10 or so seconds and then maybe a random 1 red light blink about 1 minute later and that's about it. If I pull the battery and plug into the laptop, I get a quick red at initial connection and then nothing. Does this mean the Z10 is dead? If so, then why are so many of them becoming bricked with no recovery. This is really frustrating.

Please use plain text.