Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
mmilinkov
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Z10 will will not roam in France

I landed in France this morning and I cannot get my Rogers Z10, running the latest 10.1.0.273 software, to connect to a local operator for roaming. It will only connect enough to provide SOS phone call service. No data, nor regular voice capabilities work.

Here is what I have tried and/or noted so far:

1. I've tried the device in both Paris and Toulouse, so the issue is not specific to a particular region.

2. Wifi connections work fine.

3. If I change the Network Selection Mode to "Manual" and scan, I can see several options (Orange GSM, 3G; F SFR; and F-BourguesTelecom GSM, 3G) all of which I've tried with no success. The default seems to be the network labeled "F SFR". But no matter which carrier I connect to I get an error message on the Z10 saying "Only emergency service is available."

4. My APN is set to "ltemobile.apn". I've read elsewhere that I should be able to edit my APN since I have BB 10.1 installed, but I cannot. When I go to the APN page, the text fields are greyed out and will not let me edit them.

5. Yes, I've already tried reboots, battery pulls, etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

Re: Z10 will will not roam in France

Probably best to contact Rogers.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

try limiting your Z10 to 2G,3G. Not 4G.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

[ Edited ]

Yes, try setting your network to it's "lowest" setting.  Sorry, not sure what's up in Canada, but are you on a leaked version?  Also, and I know this is real simple, but are you required to specify international usage for your phone to work.  I believe on T-mo (usa) for exmple, you must. 

New Contributor
mmilinkov
My Device: Z10

I just wanted to close this off. The "contact Rogers" was the right solution. Due to a miscommunication, they had cut off my international roaming.

Thanks for all those who tried to help!

New Contributor
jostlund
My Device: Q10

Where do you set for Int'l roaming. Q10. I have same problem. Carrier not reason.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified