Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
jefferyh
My Device: playbook 16g,32g, 64g, 2-z10's
My Carrier: rogers

Z10 won't hook up to link for backup or file transfer

I just tried to connect to my link and it said I had never backed it up which wasn't the case. I have several times. It briefly allowed me to do restore and I lost all my downloaded apps and all my picture. I still have my contacts and if they had actually sync properly to my email (pop) I would just wipe the phone clean and start over.  Oh, it wiped my FB, BBM, and all my emails which I'm not too happy about. It also told me I didn't have the latest software which I have also completed within days of it coming out.  10..85  I have removed and re-downloaded the link with no change.  It essentially doesn't recognize my phone. It comes up as my phone but I can't back up what is left which I would certainly like to keep .

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jefferyh

Re: Z10 won't hook up to link for backup or file transfer

now doing a security swipe.  

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jefferyh

I have now got the link to work although the restore data went 100% on the computer and only 98% on the handset.  I still don't have my contacts. There is again no restore option so I can't repeat.  I'm getting to the end.  I called head office and they said they would have someone get back to me. Waited 5 hours and no call back.  It would be better if they just told us there is no way you are going to get this to work then slam the phone down. Then I will know where I stand.  I think I will need to go to head office with a sign and pace around out front until someone helps.  This shouldn't be this hard.

This is **bleep**

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jefferyh

yahoo account won't connect and neither will my cogeco

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jefferyh

Learned something.  Learned security swipe takes out  the providers info too and is essentially an unlocked device. This then becomes a paid problem for the customer.

Please use plain text.