Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
mfarmilo
My Device: Curve 8520
Accepted Solution

Z10 won't start since trying a secure wipe

I had problems where none of my text messages were moved over from previous Blackberry, as reported earlier today. I was also disappointed with the handset speed, BBM for example would take at least 5 seconds to load (instant on my old Torch), so I did a secure wipe so I could try the setup again. That seems to have been a mistake, as the handset now will not start. I see 'Blackberry' appear for a second, then get a logo that appears to be asking me to plug the handset into a PC. Doing so does nothing - the PC doesn't even register that a device has been plugged in. After about a minute the display fades and the handset just appears to switch off. I'm very disappointed with my first day with the handset - far from being a smooth experience as it should be, I've been left with the impression that OS10 is still in early beta development.

What can I do to remedy this ?

Enterprise SME
-BD-
My Device: Z10

Re: Z10 won't start since trying a secure wipe

kb33480 should help you.

Contributor
mfarmilo

Many thanks for that - I now have my phone back!

Inderjit
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I just got the phone, and all my contacts from Facebook and twitter were in my contact list so i decided to do a securty wipeout since i had way to may contacts to start fresh, and now its now the phone isnt starting.

It turn on, but then it shows to connect to a computer, when i do that it doesnt seem to connect to the computer, ive tried 3 different computers, and it doesnt connect to the computer, and the phone isnt turning on.

Please help me!

Contributor
mfarmilo

Take a look at -BD-'s reply above - the link he provides fixed it for me. It basically reloads the phone software via the PC from the internet.

kandymusa
My Device: blackberry z10

I have tried all the steps proposed as i have the same problem but it wont work, i keep getting an error message saying an error has occurred and i should try later.please help.