Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Davemick
My Device: Z10

Re: Z10 won't sync with ActiveSync: "...account no longer synchronized..."

Well, the certification issue is solved - buy buying a proper SSL certificate for the server, so no more certificate messages.

I'm still, however, getting the disconnection and the "account no longer synchronised" message after about 10-15 minutes, on all but one device and I can't for the life of me find any differences that are making this one device work.

Contributor
jlbenc
My Device: Torch 9800

Did you remove and re-add the account on the failing z10's?
Contributor
Davemick

Tried a number of times, with the same results.

Tried both push and polling options and set to only synchronise email and contacts too.

Everything remains the same.

I'm currently on the phone to my service provider's technical gurus!!!

Contributor
jr_can
My Device: z10

Davemick,

I have tried the exact same things. Put a valid cert on the server. Remove/add account. Tried push/poll settings. Fact remains that it works with other devices running iOS and does not work with the Z10.

Downloading BES10 now. Looks like I will have to provision ANOTHER server just for one phone. What a pain...

Contributor
jlbenc
My Device: Torch 9800

I think that BlackBerry should take your case and study it since you t both working and non working phones.

So weird.
Contributor
jr_can

I agree!

I actually tried to call BalckBerry Techincal Support on Friday. I was willing to pay for an hour of support to get the issue resolved or at least determine that the Z10 is not able to be activesync'd to my Exchange server so I could try another route. The hold system lost me in the queue 40 minutes after I talked to my first CSR so asked for a supervisor the next time I talked to a [different] CSR and was promptly hung up on. Called back and expresed my extreme frusteration to the 3rd CSR who would only ask for the CC # so I caould be charged $250/hour to talk to a tech.... after the first CSR put me on hold to ask someone about a solution he remembered hearing about.

Hmmmm.... Not sure what devices we will have in our mobile fleet but BlackBerry is certainly not at the top of my favouries list anymore... Disappointing that BlackBerry is not offering a smooth transition for existing BES users.

Contributor
Davemick

I've currently got the "Blackberry Support Team" at my mobile service provider (T-Mobile UK / EE) trying to resolve this.  They seem to get a better response when talking to RIM.

We're now actually on the verge of telling them to tke them back and replace them with Samsung Galaxy S3's!!!!

Contributor
jr_can

[ Edited ]

Davemick,

If it isn't too much trouble, can you let me know what happens?

My carrier (Telus) is not as accomodating. I'm provisioning a VM this evening to support this one device, which I consider an absolute waste of resources.

Contributor
Davemick

Hi jr-can,

Will do.

The issue has currently been escalated from T-Mobile directly to Blackberry/RIM who are inspecting logs so hopefully we'll all get a difinitive answer soon, whether it be a fix or telling us that it will never work!

Contributor
jr_can

Davemick,

Any luck?