Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
livelym
My Device: Z10 Enterprise
My Carrier: AT&T - Verizon

Re: Z10 won't sync with ActiveSync: "...account no longer synchronized..."

We believe the problem is connectivity at the Z10 since sometimes a simple setting change on the Z10 will start it going again.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Davemick
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

True, however the traces that Blackberry did on our data suggest that what is happening is that if the Z10 get's the slightest comms problem from the server, rather than saying "OK, I'll try again in a while", it just disables the account. Then, if you change any settings, it's re-enabled again, until it gets another error.
Our main problem turned out to be that if a mailbox has too large an Inbox (a couple of our users had thousands of messages in the Inbox), the server reports a status 5, which according to Microsoft is "Server error", then the Z10 just immediately gives up and disables the account.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jr_can
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

Davemick,

Thanks for the update! Any chance we will get a software update to patch these issues?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jr_can

[ Edited ]

Livelym,

Finally got the new BES10 installed and I now see your point. [I will explain for the benefit of others who may be having this same issue] Rather than talking with the Exchange server locally and transmitting the information to the phone, it seems that the new BES10 server only allows you to setup an email profile that works exactly the same as if you had setup an OWA account on the phone itself. So it is basically useless to resolve these issues. Guess we will have to look at other manufacturers that properly sync with our OWA server

I might add that I ended up with the same error on the phone after setting up the email profile on the BES10 server. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Davemick

We've finally given up.  Our Mobile provider agreed to take all the Z10's back and replace them with Galaxy S3's which just work! :Angel:

Much of the problem appears to be that if a folder in the mailbox has too many items in it, the connection times out before it has started to download them.  With the Z10, it sees the timeout as a "server error" and disables the account.

Android devices, under this situation, just wait until they CAN get the items.

I knew there was a good reason why my personal phone is a Galaxy S3 :Yes:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jr_can

So keeping the inbox to a reasonable size will not fix the problem if another folder is very large? (ie. moving the excessive inbox items into a subfolder)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Davemick

If you create the sub-folder under the mailbox, not under the Inbox you should be fine.  I had a user who had ALL his sub-folders UNDER the INBOX and we had to move them "UP" to the mailbox.

The limit to the number of items seems to be somewhere between 500 and 1500 but I'm afraid I can't tell you the exact number.

It's probably best to carry out the same excercise with the "Sent Items" folder too.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jlbenc
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Claro Dominican Republic

A friend reports that this issue went way after upgrade to 10.1

Sadly, my carrier hasn't released it yet :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
meaux61
My Carrier: Verizon

I would love the upgrade if it fixes this problem.  Verizon denies that it exists.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
muszyngr
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Sprint

forgive me I did not read entire 4 pages of posts but I have the same problem and here's what my co worker found, both of us are the Exchange/BlackBerry admins here, I have a Z10 on Verizon and a Q10 on Sprint, I was getting the OP message on both when activating with my personal accoutn, but then I tried 3 other test accounts and they all just worked and continue to work, so just wanted to share that maybe you will get some clues from the feedback, if you can setup your device with another account it's worth a shot if for nothing else then to test / prove this theory

Please use plain text.