Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
pkrikke
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Z10 won't sync with ActiveSync: "...account no longer synchronized..."

My Z10 won't sync anything with our corporate Exchange server, but rather gives me a message that "Your account is no longer synchronized with your device.  Check that your account settings are correct.  If they are correct, contact your email service provider."

What happens is that I enter my account information, and everything looks good - no errors appear, the Z10 shows that it is connecting to get "setting and policy stuff", then everything looks okay.  I can go into that email account via the Hub, and I can see my folders.  But nothing ever syncs - no mail, contacts, or calendar.

After about 5 minutes, I get a notification in the hub that my account is no longer synchronized.  Then...when I go to settings|accounts I see that account showing "Not Connected - Account Invalid".

I know my Exchange account is enabled for ActiveSync, because I use it with other devices.  I've double checked the password, username, mail server name, domain, etc...  

Any tips?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pkrikke

Re: Z10 won't sync with ActiveSync: "...account no longer synchronized..."

Follow up - during the period after setting up the Exchange ActiveSync account, I can send mail from that account on my Z10.  But once it tells me my account is no longer synchronized, I can't send mail any more!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cinchnetworks

I'm getting the same errors with a new z10 also. Exchange 2003 and activesync, phone connects fine and downloads message but after about 15min disconnects from the server and stops syncing.

Iphones and Android phones all work correctly with activesync.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Have you talked with your corporate IT people?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pkrikke

I've been in close contact with my  IT guy, but he hasn't been much help yet (they don't seem to have a lot of resources for resolving BB10 issues yet).

There is a *possible* culprit - and I'm just speculating here - but when I set up the account on my Z10, I get a certificate warning message.  My Z10 says "This email provider may not be trustworthy." and when I hit details it shows details of the certificate on our Exchange server.  I am able to hit "okay" and continue past that prompt.

With my IT guy, we looked  at the event viewer on the exchange server.  It has an Event ID 12014 error that comes up regularly, which states (in part): "Microsoft Exchange couldn't find a certificate that contains the domain name XXXXX in the personal store on the local computer.  Therefore, it is unable to offer the STARTTLS SMTP verb for any connector with a FQDN parameter of XXXXX".

We don't know if this is connected to the issue, but if it is the thing causing the inability of my Z10 to use ActiveSync with Microsoft Exchange, it is weird that Android and iPhone devices have no problem connecting with ActiveSync.

Please use plain text.
BrettLamb
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

I have the same issue with the certificates... I was on the phone with RIM/BlackBerry techs for quite a while a few days ago.  They were perplexed at this problem and said that they would continue working on it.  They felt the certificate issue was causing the phone to hiccup. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jlbenc
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Claro Dominican Republic

Any updates on this? I'm having this same issue...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Davemick
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I'm getting the same problem with ONE Z10. Another two which I have setup are both working without problems.

Any ideas would be really useful:smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jr_can
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

I have the same issue with the single Z10 we are implementing. Other brands of devices are able to use activesync on the Exchange 2007 server without issue.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jlbenc
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Claro Dominican Republic

While I also need this issue solved on the Z10, I do believe it was happening with the older Windows Mobile 7 devices a while back. Self signed certificates seems to be the culprit.
Please use plain text.