Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Davemick
My Device: Z10

Re: Z10 won't sync with ActiveSync: "...account no longer synchronized..."

Still waiting to hear I'm afraid. The device logs and Server Activesync logs are now with Blackberry!
Contributor
jr_can
My Device: z10

Too bad... just going through the BES10 documentation now. With any luck we will get a device update and ActiveSync will start working!!
jnason
My Device: Not Specified

Hasn't specifically been said, but just currious what version of Exchange and Service pack are you all running that are having the problems? Owner of the company here wants to get the q10 when it comes out, but if there is problems I want to let him know ahead of time.

Contributor
Davemick

IT's Windows 2003 SBS Rrunning Service Pack 2.
New Contributor
pkrikke

[ Edited ]

After trying a lot of different things, we've finally resolved the issue that prevented our BB10 devices from staying synchronized.

We started with the Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer (a free online tool to test your Active Sync). https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/  It found certificate issues (we were missing an intermediate certificate), so we made all the changes that it advised and kept testing again until it finally advised us that everything was perfect, and we could pass all tests with flying colours.  However, that didn't solve our issue - the BB10 still could not connect.

We spent a lot more time on certificates, making sure that there were valid certificates for everything (our mail server is named something different internally than externally, so we thought this was worthwhile pursuing).  However, none of these changes had any effect.

Finally, over the Easter long weekend, we applied service pack 2 to our mail server (Windows Server 2003 R2).   After applying the service pack and rebooting, everything started working immediately.

So...to make a long story short...make sure your mail server is patched to the latest greatest service pack and all other patches are installed.  That just might make it work for you too!

Gavel66
My Device: BB Z10

I was experiencing the no synch issue and then it wouldn't recognize it; I have a Windows 7 64 bit running Kapersky; disabled Kapersky and my Z10 was recognized and synched fine, so it was my protection software. 

Contributor
livelym
My Device: Z10 Enterprise

My Z10 just got the dreaded message "Your account is no longer synchronised with your device" after working fine since last Wednesday. The last time I had the problem we wiped the device from the server and wiped the device.

Reading on this board I also reentered my network password but it made no difference.

Now what?  I have several boxes of these to issue as upgrades, but it does not look promising. The other test device quit working last Friday (today is Monday).

Exchange 2003 with current patch levels. AT&T and Verizon.

Contributor
Davemick

It looks like we might have an answer, of sorts......

1. The SBS2003 server MUST have a proper, valis SSL certificate (self certification isn't good enough).

2. Even though Actvesync is theoretically using port 443, port 80 must be working and pointing to that server too.

3. Check users mailboxes - A large Inbox seems to get all the folders, then not retrieve any email messages, but gets and error "5" which basically means "server error" but seems to be a timeout when working out what messages to synchronise,  I had a user with 600 messages in the inbox and many sub-folders UNDER the Inbox and this was causing a problem.

I've now got it working on smaller inboxes, so fingers crossed, we have a solution. :Clap:

Contributor
livelym
My Device: Z10 Enterprise

In our environment we have an Exchange 2003 server, a Blackberry Enterprise 10 server (BES), and a Firewall.  The Z10 loses contact with the BES server after a few days and as I mentioned earlier - only deleting the user and starting over would make it work again.

This morning, on the Z10, I deleted the e-mail account and then recreated the account but this time pointing it to the Firewall address instead of the Exchange address as we had been told to do. This worked, but my Exchange/BES admin dicovered that BES is nolonger in the mix for this account so I must be syncing directly with Exchange - which will not work for us since Exchange does not offer the device control of the BES.

On the BES server my device is listed there, but no pin and no control. So I will have to delete this account and start over.

Still no answer on why the BES server loses contact and the dreaded "Your account is nolonger syncronized" message appears.

Contributor
jr_can
My Device: z10

livelym,

This thread is about the BlackBerry losing (or not being able to establish) communication with the Exchange server VIA activesync, not via BES. Your issue sounds different than the issue we are troubleshooting here.