Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
AndyCGN
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telekom

Re: Z10 won't sync with ActiveSync: "...account no longer synchronized..."

We have the same problems with our BES10.1 / Exchange 2003 environment. Most of our Z10 devices work without any problems except the device of by boss. Finally I move the most older items from the inbox to a new folder under the mailbox account and everything works. But I don't think the problem is directly related to the number of items in the inbox. We have many accounts with more items and a greater total inbox size without any problems. Also the sync process only takes the itmes of the last 30? days .
Please use plain text.
Contributor
livelym
My Device: Z10 Enterprise
My Carrier: AT&T - Verizon

We may have it this time.  The same day I posted "we have this fixed" it failed again so I have been reluctant to curse the latest fix by blessing it, but so far so good after these changes for 12 days.

1. The last change we made: Blackberry had us add a registry key to the Exchange 2003 server. \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\VirusScan\  add ProactiveScanning and set the value to 1.

2. Before that we set the IIS Connection Timeout in IIS per a MS technet note on this site. To the 300 second maximum value.

3. Before that Blackberry Support had our network staff update the Cisco firewall. We had a ActiveSync timeout set to ten seconds. They recommended increasing it to 10 minutes but I went with the maximum at 45 minutes.

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jlbenc
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Claro Dominican Republic

Well,

We've found a setting on the Microsoft TMG setting of the publishing of OWA listener, Advanced Forms options, Client Security Settings upped the "Timeout for public computers" from 10 mins to 1 hour.

Now it has just asked me for my password once in in 24 hours.

Hope this helps.

Posted from my DarthBerry
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jlbenc
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Claro Dominican Republic

Well, since this change i've only been asked for my password 3 times, which is a win! (Before I would have to enter it 3 times in 1 hour).
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
muszyngr
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Sprint

the problem is with the Delete all Prior emails.  If you have used that feature on the Z10 or the Q10 your device will break and start prompting you for your credentials again.

Please trust me this is what it is.  We have struggled with this for months and after speaking with Sprint and Verizon reps finally spoke to BlackBerry technical support and they admitted this to be a bug.

So Delete the Email account off of the device and re add it, then NEVER use the Delete All Prior emails feature and you will be good.

By the way I love the Delete All Prior emails feature and would use it on my trusty old Bold 9930 every single morning but not on my Z10 or the Q10 any longer

Please use plain text.
Contributor
livelym

We have never used that feature.

FYI - I am only having the problem about once a week now. The last was on Sunday and the Z10 was sitting on the couch untouched for several hours before it happend. A quick check showed it had recieved an e-mail about 15 minutes prior.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
AndyCGN
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telekom

We also never use this feature by the way, since my last post we don't have see the error again
Please use plain text.
Contributor
livelym

Fixed finally!

Working with Blackberry we all gave up on making this work with Exchange 2003.  We went to Exchange 2010 and smooth sailing.  Several weeks now, no errors of any kind.

Just wanted to circle back and post this.  FYI

Please use plain text.