Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Z10 won't tether or bridge to Playbook

I as well am at a loss.   Upgrading to Z10 has literally rendered my playbook useless. As a so called bridge I have a readme file that tells me I should be able to and that's all and when it comes to tethering, though bluetooth is on and both Z10 and playbook show as connected, it tells me it cannot find my Z10.  It worked like a charm on my Torch 9800 I dont understand why that functionality would be taken away!

I have also upgraded both to the latest OS and have uninstalled and reinstalled Bridge and still no go.

Any news on a fix for this yet?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Pretty new to positing on the forums so probly dumb question, but since Vicious Ferret is identified as BB Tech Support does he not have access to the big picture answer to this problem?  Assuming this is generic problem (Can't bridge Z10 to Playbook) shouldn't he know whether the z10/Playbook bridge is supported and, if not, when it will be? I'll hold off on ditching Bold 9900 for Z10 or Q10 unless and until its clear that Bridge is supported.   

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Hello I have just checked BlackBerry Bridge again and despite several updates on my Z10 it still doesn't work. I really thought that A) it would have worked in the first place or B) they would have fixed it by now. 

This post was from March.  Its now the middle of September and RIM hasn't come up with a viable answer to tethering the Playbook.  Have you forgotten us?

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300

I recently upgraded my old BB phone to a Z10 instead of an Android or Windows device ONLY BECAUSE

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300

I just upgraded my old friend the BB phone (which has followed many before it) for a new Z10 instead of an Android or Windows device ONLY BECAUSE I love my BB Playbook and BB Bridge as well as it's tethering. Both either don't work or are "dumbed down" (the Bridge). I still can return my Z10 to my mobile provider and I'm trying to think of a reason not to. Unless someone can tell me that Bridge works fully as it used to and more importantly, the tethering works, my Z10 is being returned.
New Contributor

Hi all,
Unfortunately my Z dies one month ago and is still on service (poor service). So, it has been a good excuse to get the Q10 with a contract from my carrier who finally let this available. The following experience is based than on Q10 but I guess it can be shared with Z: I will try as soon as I will have it back but if anyone would confirm, meanwhile, is welcome.
The easy: if you have bridge installed on both (PB and phone), run bridge connection as usual on BB7 (or ealier). You should get the devices connected (if you read that laconic readme file you are). OK, ensure you are not connected with any Wi-Fi (otherwise is not fair) and run your browser, it should run....! so easy. Forget the Thethering menu on PB, it si not running.

The most complicate, bridge.
Here there is still NO WAY: the one who would see same function as the has been used too has to forget it.
My solution is not "how to have bridge running as before" but is "how to use the new BB10 environment"
The one who knows that already will forgive me.
BB10 is not working with BIS anymore. But is working on Active Sync mail server. I have activate an MS outlook 365 account and it works perfectly with even great advantage as before (I never used BES service due to its cost and completely lack of service and support in my country). Advantages? Guys, you have your outlook synchronised in real time with your device! Contacts, calendar, notes, activities and, of course, e mails. Mean no more CCN copy to your mailbox when you send an emai from your device: just sent and you will find it in sent box both on your devices (devices, yes, ALL of the one who support ActiveSync protocols and PB is one of them) as well as in you Outlook and, of course in you webmail.
Even no more Desktop Manager connection to get device updated (contact, calendar and notes), everything is made by the cloud in real time, basically.
Trust me, this have change my way of working. As average, I can tell you that one hour/day has been saved.
To whom who are not minded in such stuff (cloud) all above could be a barrier, I was one of you. And also moving to MS 365 take time (it is becoming common, it shouldn't be difficult to find some support from an IT service company) and cost a little (6 €/month for the level 2 of Outlook 365) but it Worth all the pain you will face.
Raturn to bridge issue now and think why you used that in the past: see the same data you had in your BB, just bigger. Well, if you have moved at lest your main account as explained above, now you just set up such account on your PB and is done! You will see your mail, contacts, calendar browsing the respective native icons on your PB instead that the "old" icons into the bridge menu.
With the advantage that, if you are WiFi covered you do not need BT connection and this is just good for battery life (at lest for the one of your BB). If not, connect bridge as explained above and you will get on line.
New Contributor

In my opinion, you can like or not but this is the way those devices has to be used. The one who works well with their Iphone (I mean work, not play) are using such cloud services BlackBerry came later and, BIG FAULT of them, they do nothing to state that clear. Too many historical BlackBerry users buy the new one looking forward for an improvement of their old device and the ave in hand something deeply difference not only in ist OS (great job) but deeply in the way and the habit of each of us. Too many people return their Z for that reason I guess as many others are looking at the Q''s with distance . BTW this is a tech forum let me just add that is a pity (or a shame) that BlackBerry experts ahs not been able till now to give use if not a solution, a suggestion. I tryed to, thanks for your patience and attention regards from Italy