Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Jimmyz10
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone uk

Re: Z10 wont charge when plugged in initially

Its the supplied charger and only a few days old. Plug it in, nothing. Unplug it then plug it in again and it starts charging.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Jimmyz10 wrote:
 Plug it in, nothing. Unplug it then plug it in again and it starts charging.

OK.

Call VodaUK and let them know. Get the issue escalated up to BlackBerry Tier two support.

Get a warranty replacement if nothing else.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
-BD-
My Carrier: Rogers

Jimmyz10 wrote:
Its the supplied charger and only a few days old. Plug it in, nothing. Unplug it then plug it in again and it starts charging.

The behaviour sounds like it is matching the defect listed in the KB exactly.  There hasn't been a software update yet that would fix it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jimmyz10
My Carrier: Vodafone uk

If it's software related I'm not too bothered if a fix would be on the cards. If it's hardware then that's a different matter. I don't like returning phones if I can help it, I would not want to end up with refurbished goods etc or be without it for ages and have loads of hassle.
Please use plain text.
Developer
raffi
My Device: Z10 & Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Jimmyz10 wrote:
If it's software related I'm not too bothered if a fix would be on the cards. If it's hardware then that's a different matter. I don't like returning phones if I can help it, I would not want to end up with refurbished goods etc or be without it for ages and have loads of hassle.

Agreed. I would say it's probably software but if BlackBerry came out with some sort of official standpoint on this (if a fix is coming soon) then it would put a lot of people's minds at rest. I know someone who wants to exchange their phone because they believe this is a hardware defect.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

the charging is handled by software on Z10 and PlayBook so an update can make a difference

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
robertach
My Device: Torch 9800

I have had a similar problem not charging when plugged it but happens after I shut it down, 3,2,1 OFF. Occasionally, (happened twice in a week) the "BlackBerry" name appears across the middle of the screen and remains there for at least 5 minutes or more and after this happens, if I try to start it up again (pressing the top button), it doesn't turn on, nothing happens. It won't charge either as plugging in the charger, the upper red charging light does not blink.

The only way out of this is to remove the battery to force a re-boot. I'm not sure this is related to this other charging problem detailed here but might be. Hopefully a OS update will correct this.

FWIW, Bob

Please use plain text.
Developer
raffi
My Device: Z10 & Z30

robertach wrote:

I have had a similar problem not charging when plugged it but happens after I shut it down, 3,2,1 OFF. Occasionally, (happened twice in a week) the "BlackBerry" name appears across the middle of the screen and remains there for at least 5 minutes or more and after this happens, if I try to start it up again (pressing the top button), it doesn't turn on, nothing happens. It won't charge either as plugging in the charger, the upper red charging light does not blink.

The only way out of this is to remove the battery to force a re-boot. I'm not sure this is related to this other charging problem detailed here but might be. Hopefully a OS update will correct this.

FWIW, Bob

That's very odd, but I don't think that's a charging issue. I do hope that gets fixed in an OS update soon, though.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
turbodmac
My Carrier: Rogers

Same issue here. Switched cables thinking it was the issue but the problem returned with the alternate cable. It's an intermittent problem - hopefully software related.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

-BD- wrote:

Jimmyz10 wrote:

The behaviour sounds like it is matching the defect listed in the KB exactly.  There hasn't been a software update yet that would fix it.

And no one knows if and when or which software update will fix the issue.

Especially since software updates are coming as carrier contolled pushed updates, there's no promise you'll get an update anytime soon.

Not great at all.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.