Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
adrianmay
My Device: Z10

Z10 wont unlock

After a period locked, swipping up does not bring up password box (yet double finger swipe brings up keyboard) . Only way to get back in is via restart 

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Z10 wont unlock

are you using the bezel and going up?

the screen and bezel are touch sensative

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
thorstenfixplease

I have experienced something like this twice - the keyboard won't re-appear to let me enter my password. The 2 finger up-swipe didn't help either. I didn't reboot, it came back eventually, seemingly randomly.

The bezel isn't touch sensitive btw
New Contributor
adrianmay

strange. Its OK if only locked for a short period but if locked for a few hours the same always happens. Will see if it eventually pops up after a wait

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

ill wait an hour to test it again, but I have not noticed this yet on mine.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

I simply swipe up from the bottom bezel every morning since Thursday.
no issue on my side, but the swipe must be quite "vertical".

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
ImranChaudhry

I've had the same issue on 2 handsets. The only way to get past it is to restart the device. Very annoying.
Guru I
Xandrex

when you are in this situation, can you simply click on the top button? click once, or click and maintain.

what happens then?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
Xandrex

this bug has been acknowledged by RIM a few hours ago. A workaround may be helpful, please read this article from the public knowledge base:

KB33684 Unable to wake BlackBerry 10 smartphone from sleep while on the lock screen

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

It looks like if the phone will not unlock it has to be restarted!  This is not very good. I am sure they will soon fix this!

Jerry G.