Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
widuri
My Device: Bold

Z10

Hi everyone,,

Im thinking of buying Z10 and use it in south korea. But rumor has it that blackberry will not continue their partnership with SK Telecom. And in another news they said that Blackberry is exiting Korea. I know it is not confirmed yet, but I wonder does it mean I cannot use blackberry here in Korea?

Anyone who have bought z10 and use them in Korea, do help me.

Thank you guys.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Z10

BlackBerry is exiting South Korea and Japan markets.

If you buy a BlackBerry Z10, you will not have Hangul support (either typing or handwriting).

The Z10 does not require BIS anymore. My understanding is that once you buy a SIM card with a data plan in South Korea, you will be able to use fully your Z10.

The last information you need is to know which kind of Z10 you buy. There are 4 types, the main difference is that the -1 has lower specs.
and all four have difference cellular antenna frequencies band. So check on the carrier in South Korea you want, check its bands, and this will let you know which model you want.

Once you have that information, then comes the hard part: know which model is sold to you. You will have to look on the internet for that. Usually each carrier will only sell one model of Z10.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

the four models are explained on this Indian blog:
http://www.bbin.in/en/2013/03/03/4-types-blackberry-z10-models-fits-better/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor
zeyadq8
My Device: BB10 With sadness

READ THE FORUMS FIRST UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEMS BEFORE YOU BUY