Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
alex_chacko
My Device: Z 10

Z10

Very sad that Z 10 is disappointing for below points

1) Sync with MS outlook is not possible

2) BACK Button difficulties 

Can you advise on 

how to Sync /Upload contacts from Nokia Phone or MS outlook .,

i am sure if you do not have this feature , many people will force to switch over to Samsung/I phone  who is coming up with BB equilent phones

Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: Z10

alex_chacko wrote:

Very sad that Z 10 is disappointing for below points

1) Sync with MS outlook is not possible

2) BACK Button difficulties 

Can you advise on 

how to Sync /Upload contacts from Nokia Phone or MS outlook .,

i am sure if you do not have this feature , many people will force to switch over to Samsung/I phone  who is coming up with BB equilent phones

Blackberry anounced that they are going to add USB sync with outlook in their next release of BB link.  As far as using back, the new OS is new and once you get use to using it with gestures, it is truly amazing phone. It takes a couple of days to figure out all the little tricks and features.

There are quite a few posts on syncing your contacts, just do a search on this forum and you will find various solutions. Easiest way is to forward your contacts as a .vcard to your phone via email or SD card.

All android phones do not have the feature of syncing with Outlook with USB, and they also have various issues, but everyone has a choice..

Contributor
alex_chacko
My Device: Z 10

The point am repeating "when you say its amazing phone and successes in market , to become like that , the  features need to be more  user friendly and straight forward  instead users need to try different  work around or keep searching solution  for small process like closing , switching over or going back etc ,

Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

I understand what you are saying , its not a phone you just pickup and start using. This is brand new OS and brand new hardware. It is totaly diffrent that previous BB phones and it takes a day or two to figure it out and a learning curve is a required.. Now that I have owned it for 1 month and I must say it is amazing phone for my business.  Yes there are minor issues and bugs, as all phone companies experience when they introduce on the market (Iphone had major issues, Samsung still has lots of issues),  but in time they all get resolved. In defence to blackberry, they have tons of video's and manuals on how to do things, step by step..  Once you understand the guesture based motions, they become natural in doing things.  

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

The way I see this, it is more of getting used to and how to work the phone. This is all very new, and there is some learning.

We have a number of Z10 phones, and everyone is learning it. It is an amazing phone, and I know as the updates come out there will be more improvements.

Blackberry is listening to all the complaints and evaluating the problems that were not found during development. If we look at the first verion of MS Windows and the early verions of operating systems from any of the software companies, they kept coming out with updates to fix problems.

Jerry G.