Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
RobBoes
My Device: Z10 STL100-02

all data gone pls help

Hi, 

I had massive problems with my applications on my Blackberry Z10 (STL 100-2) after I once used the flight mode. The battery was warm, some apps did not start. I decided to reboot the phone and it was just stuck on the blackberry logo (not the loading circle). I tried everything, pushing the power button for 10 seconds, battery pull, connecting to the PC with USB with and without the battery, loading on the wall charger for one hour, then taking out the battery for a millisecond, while the phone was charging and then putting the battery back, another battery from a properly working device and and and. The phone was stuck in the loop. If I tried to shut it off, the LED was red for couple of seconds and then it showed the BlackBerry Logo again, for hours. In the beginning of this catastrophe I just left it like that for hours but it got so warm that I did not want to risk the motherboard to melt. 

I did not want to factory reset the divice (restore), since I did not have a backup of my stuff (I usually don't connect my phone to computers). The most important were my Remember app notes so the application data (or settings data?) 

Finally I decided to do a software update as I actually thought it wouldn't do anything to my data. At least it was written on the official Blackberry website: "Data and settings on your device before you begin updating your software will be on your device when the software update is complete." I visited the BB website and after one hour my phone booted but all data was gone. 

I updated the software using the BlackBerry website but it required to start BlackBerry Link. Today I have found an interesting folder: Application Loader (User-AppData (hidden folder)-Local-Research in Motion-Application Loader...). There are two big files, format .bar and .signed. According to the time it was saved at it was was BEFORE the update had been started. I read somewhere that by updating a BlackBerry with BB Link the phone system will be backuped automatically. So it could probably be the backup files. However it is not the usual file format .bbb or .ipd. and these are two files. 

Any Ideas what these files are? How can I open them? 

My files have to be somewhere. I really need my Remember App notes (they were not synched mit Evernote or something like that). I also never used an SD Card or "Backup pro" or "Password keeper".
The new Software Version is 10.2.1.2977 (OS 10.2.1.3247). I have already tried it with couple of recovery tools like Recuva however it did not work since my phone is not recognized as a flash or physical mass storage device. In my computer it is shown as networkaddress so non of the recovery tools is able to access the internal memory. The mass storage mode is by the way only for the inserted sd cards... 

Is there a possibily to recover the notes despite the update (or 10 seconds reset) with help of both .bar and .signed files? Or any other ideas? Please help!!!!

Many prethanks!!!

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: all data gone pls help

I'm just going out on a limb here but is the USB Mass Storage mode on your phone (Settings>Storage and Access>USB Mass Storage-ON) switched to ON? For Link to recognize your phone it has to be OFF but for your computer to recognize your phone it has to be set to ON.

Just a thought, I hope it helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
RobBoes

as already mentioned it only works for sd card but not for the phone itself - the option appears in my settings only if I have an sd card inside and my computer also recognizes only my sd card...

New Contributor
RobBoes

I just found out that Windows 7 64 bit (I am using it) has problems with recognizing some devices. I will try to recover my data with Ubunu OS and Recuva and post the results later.

However it still does not explain why my BB Z10 does not have the mass storage option if no sd card is inserted. 

New Contributor
RobBoes

I've tried several OSs on different computers. I couldn't access the internal memory. 
Is there probably an app or a computer programm which enables access to internal memory???

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

there is no way to get native access to the device like you can with a USB drive on a PC with recovery software

if link did a backup, then you should be able to restore from that backup

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

ongun
My Device: BB Q10

I couldn't access the internal memory,too. I want to recover deleted files with any recovery programmes. But I don't access mass storage not SD. Also, I have no backup.

Have you had any progress?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

there is no progress

you can not access internal memory on the device with a recovery program

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V