Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

apps wont open

PLEASE HELP ME, i have a z10 , i wanted to activate the call blocker that is in setting in app world, so i followed the promps and now i cant access some apps, lost Facebook, camera, app world wont open so i can change it back. If i click the magnifying glass eg search on the bottom of the screen the missing app appear there some will open but the others including google app world fb wont any advice please?

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: apps wont open

First thing... Do a simple Reboot: On the side edge volume keys, press and hold down both of the Up and Down volume keys for about 20 seconds, ignoring the initial screenshot message... the screen will go black and reboot.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: GO

[ Edited ]

I have just started experiencing the 'apps wont open' problem. Indeed, in order to write this post I had to start my laptop as I cannot use the browser in my Z10 devise. The only app that I have managed to open is the Message Filter.

I have tried rebooting (5 times) but the devise is still frozen.

Right now the devise is frozen on the active apps screen. I am now rebooting and hoping for the best.

Paul

Paul Gauci
Contributor

PGauci wrote:

I have just started experiencing the 'apps wont open' problem. Indeed, in order to write this post I had to start my laptop as I cannot use the browser in my Z10 devise. The only app that I have managed to open is the Message Filter.

Right now the devise is frozen on the active apps screen. I am now rebooting and hoping for the best.

Paul

Further to my previous email, the devise is not rebooting. It simply freezes when the BB logo appears.

Paul

Paul Gauci
Contributor

Fu

PGauci wrote:

PGauci wrote:

Paul

Further to my previous email, the devise is not rebooting. It simply freezes when the BB logo appears.

Paul

Further to my previous two emails. There seems to be a total breakdown of the devise. The contacts list has disappeared, I cannot access set up, I am not receiving text messages (which is essential for me to access my webmail facilities) and so on.

Paul

Paul Gauci
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z30, Z10, 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hopefully you have a recent backup, restore factory settings via Link, then Restore most recent backup.

Contributor

keithbergoff wrote:

Hopefully you have a recent backup, restore factory settings via Link, then Restore most recent backup.

I do not have a recent backup because I find it impossible to use Link, I never manage to connect to it.

I tried to update my OS through the BB website but I cannot get through to the update page. I have used both Firefox and Internet Explorer.

In other words, it seems that there is nothing that I can do.

Paul

Paul Gauci

A night having passed, where are you on this now, what is the device doing?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

JSanders wrote:

A night having passed, where are you on this now, what is the device doing?

Thanks a lot for your communication.

The device is 'behaving' erratically. For example, sometimes the SMS facility does not work, I restart and it works OK. In other cases, I try to open an app and nothing happens; then I restart and it works.

I am surprised that this started happening so suddenly. Until an hour before I posted all was fine.

Regards

Paul

Paul Gauci

I'd recommend that you reload or upgrade the OS on your device and do NOT restore the settings, at first, seeing if the apps work properly.

To reload the BlackBerry 10 OS or BlackBerry PlayBook OS, complete the following steps:

BlackBerry Link version 1.2.3.23 (Windows):

1. Open BlackBerry Link.
  2. Ensure the computer is connected to the Internet.
  3. Power off the BlackBerry 10 smartphone or BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.
  4. Connect the device to the computer via the USB cable.
  5. Under the Devices heading, click the device name when it is displayed.
  6. Click Preferences at the top-right.
  7. On the left, click Reload Device Software.
  8. Click the Reload button.
  9. Click OK to confirm.

Knowledge Base Updates