If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
evtraun
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

battery dead after only 5 hours

I do not wnat happened to my Z10, but after only 5 hours and no use whatsoever a fully charged battery is dead. I bought a new battery, but no change. I wish there was an option to completely reinstall the os. I have not installed any apps

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: battery dead after only 5 hours

Always start with a battery pull when anything goes wrong with your phone.  There might be something in the OS that is not up to speed and a battery pull will often correct that.  To do a proper battery pull, remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
evtraun

somewhat works. the battery made it through the night, but now my email is not working. Again, I wish there wqas a way to reinstall the OS, just like Windows on my laptop

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Reinstalling your OS is a great option. Use BB link system restore, it will also pull down lates OS from the net.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
evtraun

If I could only find the link.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
evtraun

I also turned off the GPS and deleted facebook and twitter and some other apps I do not use. Now the battery lasts more than 24 hours, I only use email and BBM

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PaulTSF
My Carrier: Verizon

I just got my Z10 from Verizon running 10.0.9.422 and I am having what I consider serious battery use issues.  I believe that a portable device should have sufficient battery to last a workday of normal use.  I sold my Galaxy I because it could not last more than 4 hours and returned to a Curve until I could upgrade to a Bold Touch.  I understand that function uses battery, but if you have to disable almost all functions to get a day's use, then the use is not "normal" and functionality is therefore limited.  Therefore I expect a full workday of use with email, text, BBM, and Twitter.

Today I have had the phone off the charger for about 5 hours and the battery shows 1/2.  (As others have noted on a separate thread, I can't really tell the battery level because the icon is so small.)  I was only really using the phone for a fraction of that time.  Yesterday my battery died in my pocket sometime around 8PM.  For comparison, I had the same features enabled as on my Bold Touch, but the Bold would normally have power until about midnight.  Also, I charged my Z10 at least once during the day for a few hours.  It showed nearly full (as nearly as I could tell) at 3:00.  I only checked the phone a couple times between 4:30 and 8 when I noticed it was off.  The last time I checked, the phone proudly showed 4Glte and felt hot to the touch even in the cool evening air.

I will pull the battery and see if that has any effect.  I'm hoping that 10.1 (and future) updates will help battery life just like they did in the Bold (which also had a rocky start).  I ordered an extra battery for the Bold in the beginning, but barely used it over the last year.

Please use plain text.