Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

rannishjsingh
My Device: BlackBerry z10
My Carrier: student

battery getting dry very soon and shows 0 % when reaches 40%

I got my BlackBerry z10 last month and it's battery is getting dry very soon and suddenly it battery comes zero when reaches 40%..please reply ASAP..
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless USA

Re: battery getting dry very soon and shows 0 % when reaches 40%

Try plugging the phone in for 2 hours no matter what the LED says or does. After 2 hours, unplug the phone and remove the battery. Let the battery sit for 15 min, and repeat the process until the issues are solved. This is known to jump start some BB batteries. If this does not resolve your issue, you may need to purchase a new battery on eBay or Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-ACC-51546-301-L-S1-Battery-BB10/dp/B00BI2CLCO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qi... http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-BlackBerry-LS1-Battery-for-Z10-1800mAh-Original-LiION-ACC-51546-301-/310...
1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,881
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

curve8530curve8330 wrote:
Try plugging the phone in for 2 hours no matter what the LED says or does. After 2 hours, unplug the phone and remove the battery. Let the battery sit for 15 min, and repeat the process until the issues are solved. This is known to jump start some BB batteries. If this does not resolve your issue, you may need to purchase a new battery on eBay or Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-ACC-51546-301-L-S1-Battery-BB10/dp/B00BI2CLCO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qi... http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-BlackBerry-LS1-Battery-for-Z10-1800mAh-Original-LiION-ACC-51546-301-/310...

You're copying and pasting this in several threads. It is not a one-works-for-all solution.

The STL100-1 model has some known issues of dropping charge quickly as he describes.

Other users have been able to rectify this issue by leaving the device connected to the wall outlet charger AND with it connected, removing the battery a few minutes and reinserting the battery. Disconnecting from the charger as you're pasting doesn't do it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330

My mistake, I am not an expert on BBRY 10 devices, but I thought, based on my previous blackberries, that a battery will get weak after a long time of use. This process seemed to strengthen the battery and return it to near original capacity. In my opinion, in order to troubleshoot, you need to try simple methods first to find if a simple issue is causing the problem.
1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Regardless, the STL100-1 model has a known battery drain and depleting issue.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330

yeah, I believe it. RIM should have spent more time designing the STL100-1, or just have used a JM1 if they could.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

The #Z10 battery is a much better battery and longer battery life than the old JM-1.

The #Z10 LS-1 is 1800mAh
The JM-1 is 1230mAh

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330

Like I said, I am not an expert on bb10 devices.
Please use plain text.