Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Sasktel

battery life

The battery life on my new z10 is dismal. i use my phone as am alarm clock. Went to sleep with it fully charged and 7 hours later just sitting on my bedsaide table it was down to half. I have a 1 month return policy and the battery issue and the fact that is does not communicate easily with my desktop daytimer means it is probably going back. Waited for this phone for a long time as I am a long term bb user but this one is not doing it for me. Did i just get a bum battery?

Solutions: 6,124
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: battery life

1. What is the OS release installed on your Z10 (look at your Settings > About > Software Release?
  2. Read this link:  Ten ways to extend your BlackBerry Z10 battery life
  3. What is your "desktop daytimer"?

All that said, I've seen many many users reporting much better battery life after the first two weeks of use, and especially after the most recent OS upgrades to 10.0.10.85 and better.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I use Outlook express with my old blackberry storm I hookred it up and outlook and the phone shared their onfo. My sftware release was 10.0.9.348

OK. I would advise you upgrade to the latest OS release from Sasktel, I think they released it this week. It is known to help the battery life. Swipe down from the top of your device to Settings > Software Upgrades.

Do you get a notificaiton after click on Check for Upgrades?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I checked for upgrades and there are none at this time Any thoughts on the outlook express issue?

You should have the upgrade available, really should.

Anyway, RIM announced about three weeks ago that Outlook to Z10 fix was coming in a "few weeks". That should be pretty darn close :smileywink:

At that point, you should be able to transfer your contacts from the PC to your Z10. There are other workarounds you can use currently, if you are interested, I'd be glad to help out.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I am not a super tech guy but would look at the workarounds and I will check again for updates