Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
dancinhomer71
My Device: bb z10
My Carrier: telus

bb10 is the most disappointing phone ever

I am a hard core BlackBerry believer only to be totally let down by bb10. The navigation is terrible, response time to turning the phone is brutal, apps are substandard! As a business user I have been waiting for this phone only to find out it is time to switch brands. As a Canadian this is so disappointing...time to support apple or samsung...This realization sucks big time!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: bb10 is the most disappointing phone ever

There are definitely a few bugs/issues but I'm not sure it's quite as bad you describe.

I like the navigation, though I'd like to see notifications all the time so I don't have to swipe up to see them.

As for the rotation time (turning the phone, as you describe) I have compared it with my iPad and the time to rotate is virtually the same between the two, with the Z10 possibly being every slightly faster--completely unscientific so I won't declare the Z10 faster.

As for apps, there are 100,000 as of last week. Pretty good for a phone that just came out two months ago.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dancinhomer71
My Device: bb z10
My Carrier: telus

Ok then let's continue on flaws, keyboard is brutal, predictive texting only works in some function s, and rotation time is no where near ipod/iphone or samsung. After 4 weeks of use this phone is no easier to use. BlackBerry bridge to PlayBook also does not function as it should. Our canuck engineers blew this one. Sell your shares now...the USA reviews are going to be brutal!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

If you don't like it then return it.

I have my own issues with the device but I completely disagree with you on the keyboard. In my opinion, the keyboard is the best thing about the device. It far surpasses any iOS device by miles. It does occasionally get a wrong word but it corrects so much as I type that it's probably 99% effective. There are certain places where it doesn't predict, such as when entering an email address, etc. Everywhere I need it to correct, it does.

The time for rotation is built in so that it doesn't rotate on you when you don't want it to.

I agree that BlackBerry Bridge is useless other than for an Internet connection to my Playbook.

Why would the USA reviews be any different than the Canadian and UK reviews we've been seeing in the last two months?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Welcome to the Official BlackBerry Support Community Forums. This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

dancinhomer71 wrote:
Ok then let's continue on flaws, keyboard is brutal, predictive texting only works in some function s, and rotation time is no where near ipod/iphone or samsung. After 4 weeks of use this phone is no easier to use. BlackBerry bridge to PlayBook also does not function as it should. Our canuck engineers blew this one. Sell your shares now...the USA reviews are going to be brutal!

The keyboard is flat out amazing... sometimes I am creeped out by how it reads my mind, but it is simply amazing.

You need to spend a bit of time "training" it by flicking words up that are correct for you, and the way that you speak and type. Once it is trained it is flat out bang on correct 99% of the time, I can type what looks like Gobbeldygook and it will correct it all. Pretty awesome.

I had to teach it to swear and use some slang lingo.. but that's cool it's got street smarts now. :smileyvery-happy:

Now that it is trained I can honestly type 2x as fast as I could every type on my physical keyboards that I have been using for over 13 years now. Even my desktop keyboard seems slower now that I can flick a word up after typing only one or two letters. :smileywink:

If you don't like it after a week or so, then I'd have to agree.. take it back and get something you like, but I think you'll like it after you train it. :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jsbatlanta
My Carrier: AT&T

I totally agree on the keyboard issue. It's definitely THE best feature of the phone. Typing is a breeze and the flicking really does work quite well. But the device is more than just flicking words! :-)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jordancrown1
My Carrier: AT&T

Keyboard is the best on the market-dont get me wrong, I'll still be getting the Q10 though
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dharma47
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Love the keyboard on this puppy, in fact love the whole phone, granted there is a minute learning curve but all in all I think it's great
Please use plain text.