Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
desperateinneed
My Device: blackberry z10

bbz10 power button not function

I own bbz10 nearly 2 months now, but since last week power button started not responsed, I tried to restore about 3 times already, same things keep occured. Need solution desperately. Thx
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: bbz10 power button not function

If you tried to restore your phone, and by that I assume you mean either battery pulls and/or factory reset, and it still doesn't work, it sounds like a hardware issue for which you would have to talk to T-Mobile.  We can only advise on software issues here, we can't fix anything related to hardware.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
desperateinneed

Thanks Bill for advice, yes I did pull battery n factory reset twice and its still the same problem occurred
Regular Contributor
sk8er_tor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

While the device is on, if you press and hold the Power button for 10 - 15 seconds and the device does not shut off, then I would send it in for repair because this would mean there's something wrong with the button.

If it does turn off, this tells me it might be software related and I would reload the OS. Note: reloading the OS is not the same as wiping the device.

New Contributor
desperateinneed

Anyway it was true hold on 10sec device reboot, some how I did wipe off, n I did reload OS using computer but it turned out the same problem occurs. Only gesture it work to wake device but the power button remain not function, any idea different way to reload OS? Thx for reply so far.
Regular Contributor
sk8er_tor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

To reload the OS after you have backed up your personal files, you should:

NOTE: This will reload your device's OS with the newest OS and make your device new again. Note that this will erase your device's memory (your SD card remains intact) so ensure you backup your pictures, music, etc first.

Step 1: Turn your device OFF and ensure it is NOT plugged into the computer. Make sure BlackBerry Link is installed on your computer but is NOT running.

Step 2: Go to this site using Internet Explorer:

www.BlackBerry.com/updates

Step 3: Click on Check For Updates. It might prompt you to install something, say yes. It will then show a screen looking for your device PIN.

Step 4: While your device is still OFF, plug it in using the USB cable. Once it's plugged in, turn the device ON.

Step 5: As soon as you turn the device ON, wait for the OK button on the computer screen to becomes enabled and click OK as soon as possible.

Step 6: The device LED will turn green and the reload of your OS will begin. This process can take a significant amount of time, depending on your Internet connection speed. The OS is about 950 MB in size so if your Internet connection is slow, you will have to be patient.